StromTrooper banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode a '12 wee Adventure model off from the dealer yesterday. The weather was horrid, occasional gusts primarily out of the west to 40+mph as I drove north. Rain off and on with the occasional absolute downpour. The bike handles and runs great. Been riding for near 40 years now and after, hondas, yammies, ducatis, benellis, harleys, beemers, beezers and a few others I'm here to say this is a fine machine. BUT... The sales wank at the dealer gave me the wrong baby manual. What the hell is the METER switch on the leading side of the left handle control cluster for? Afraid to touch it so far...

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
It cycles the display properties with each press. You just see different qualities with each press. Hold it down on a trip meter and it will zero the meter IIRC so don't hold it down if you don't want to change anything.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Congrats on the new bike :hurray: but sorry about the weather. :headbang: Sucks when you want to ride the new toy.

The meter button? Go ahead, touch it, you know you want to. :yikes: (I wanted a Bud Light!) It cycles through the odometer, trip 1, trip 1 avg. mpg, trip 2, trip 2 mpg, screen brightness. Using the reset button on the instrument panel to reset individual trip mileage (automatically resets mpg) and screen brightness. Hold down the meter button for 2 seconds and it will switch from time to temp or the reverse.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
meter switch

Rode a '12 wee Adventure model off from the dealer yesterday. The weather was horrid, occasional gusts primarily out of the west to 40+mph as I drove north. Rain off and on with the occasional absolute downpour. The bike handles and runs great. Been riding for near 40 years now and after, hondas, yammies, ducatis, benellis, harleys, beemers, beezers and a few others I'm here to say this is a fine machine. BUT... The sales wank at the dealer gave me the wrong baby manual. What the hell is the METER switch on the leading side of the left handle control cluster for? Afraid to touch it so far...
Also, if you press and hold the meter switch for 2-3 seconds the clock display will change to air temp.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I pressed it while riding on a lonely desert road and a holographic image of Halle Berry appeared before me.
If she was naked, I want to swap meter switches with you!

Bored in traffic? No problem, the new v-strom meter switch is there to keep you entertained with holographic images of sexy celebrities. :var_53: haha

I feel I should patent this idea.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks

Thanks guys, I finally took the plunge. Meter button does all that and more. Hopefully senor sales dip will find my manual today. Don't REALLY need it but... I know the new motor is stiff but 40 mpg is kinda low compared to the mileage brags. I'm sure the aerodynamic hard bags are helping in that department. And you guys are pretty funny. Would have gotten back to you sooner but there is "talking" and there is riding.

·
Administrator
14,222 Posts
It cycles the display properties with each press. You just see different qualities with each press. Hold it down on a trip meter and it will zero the meter IIRC so don't hold it down if you don't want to change anything.
No, pressing and holding the meter switch will change what is displayed. (Ie: temperature to time.). To reset trip odometers you press and hold the button on the dash when you have the trip mileage displayed. It will also change from metric to imperial if you hold the dash button while displaying the overal mileage.

..Tom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts