StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just joined the forum because - believe it or not - I have been steered towards an interest in your Stroms. Most recently this article from motorcycle-usa

I'm currently riding an SV650 and it's been my primary mode of transportation for about 3 years (and only mode for about a year of that time). Well at the ripe young age of 27 my back is crying for something more comfortable.

I'm a big hiker and being from San Diego I like to head out to the local desert every few months. I usually camp in my Xterra, but a Strom with proper luggage would be an interesting alternative.

I'm still debating between the Wee and Vee, but I can see that topic has been beaten to death on here. Basically figured I'd post up in here and introduce myself and start towards that 20 post count needed to even view pics in the "for sale" section.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hey! I just sold my SV650S of 3 years and just bought a 2012 V-Strom 650.

I'll miss my sv, but my new strom does everything so much better. At the age of 23 I have a feeling i'm one of the younger riders here with a V-Strom lol.

Funny you mention camping, as that was a big decider for me to upgrade to the new V-Strom, so I could fit lots of luggage to a bike and go travelling and camping.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure why this post appeared all of a sudden. When I 1st made it I couldn't find it anywhere. Anyways Blair I got a couple smaller farkles for the SV a few years back - mostly remember the plate to relocate the pegs.
So sorry for having 2 threads in here, didn't mean to.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had an SV650, enjoyed it a lot but after freezing my butt off riding through the mountains in the rain I decided to go with something more comfortable.

DL650A- handlebar covers, heated grips, corbin seat, cruise-control, 12v plugs, pelican cases. Smooth ride with a 17t sprocket for distance, jumpy with a 15t for around town. I do miss the rumble of my Yoshimura exhaust on the SV, I'll have to add an aftermarket exhaust if I want that sound and feel back.

Have been super happy with the bike thus far.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
What would you like to know?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts