StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got 5,000 out of the trail wings. The rear was flat in the middle and down to the wear bars on the side. Like a pyramid with a flat top. The front wore pretty weird. Good tread in center but wear bars on the side? A perfect v shape. Bike handled well but have a long trip coming up so i got the RA 2's.

:confused: Not sure about these yet...

Very rounded profile but then again, the old tires were wore to a different shape which made turn in pretty quick.

So far the RA 2's seem "lazy" ??? More effort to turn in due to different profile? I know as a tire wears, it is a gradual handling change as the shape changes etc.

they seem to stick real well, track good, but just seem to be a little lazy on the flickable end... will see about mileage.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Very rounded profile but then again, the old tires were wore to a different shape which made turn in pretty quick.

So far the RA 2's seem "lazy" ??? More effort to turn in due to different profile? I know as a tire wears, it is a gradual handling change as the shape changes etc.
Eh? I'd think the flat worn old tire would be lazy.

I just took the Wee out to test the new tires (Anakee 2) and EBC HH. I was focusing on the brakes so I forgot I had changed tires. Bike felt like it wanted to fall over when I turned it, oops! the old tires were definitely a bit flat down the center.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts