StromTrooper banner

61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Yeah, I should have ordered some oil to try from them when I ordered that anchor kit....we'll get'm next time maybe...:wink2: Still thinking about something a bit thinner for winter-or colder rides.
Where are you guys ordering Tutoro stuff these days in the USA? I wrecked my double nozzle last fall and have had trouble sourcing parts since Adventuretech stopped carrying that brand.

P.s. I like the threaded holder you're using for the nozzle, it looks more robust and adjustable than my setup.

H.

·
Registered
276 Posts
it woulds seem that its either tutoro directly or nothing
so far i see this as the only downside
i am thinking of trying scott oil in the tutoro
just filled her up with gear oil and i can smell it , i hate gear oil
i can get that for $16 delivered (may find cheaper in stores)
and from tutoro $25 delivered (can only buy 1 at a time )
errr

·
Registered
148 Posts
Where are you guys ordering Tutoro stuff these days in the USA? I wrecked my double nozzle last fall and have had trouble sourcing parts since Adventuretech stopped carrying that brand.

P.s. I like the threaded holder you're using for the nozzle, it looks more robust and adjustable than my setup.

H.
I ordered from the UK, they were quick to get the anchor kit to me, hell just about as fast as companies here using fedx or ups maybe a couple of days longer. I ordered it on a Saturday I think I received that following Thursday or Friday. I believe they sent it air, not sure they can do that with oil and get through customs though.

That all-thread screw is from a metal rain gutter set from years ago....I save stuff like that...:wink2: anyway its pretty stiff and gives me a lot of lateral-vertical adjustment. The screw and 3 nut's it.....better than what I get now days.......:green_lol:

Reactions: Hank122

·
Registered
276 Posts
So just an update
Many many miles put on with my "new " oiler
I love this thing
When riding in the dirt i turn up he flow
When done back to 3/4 or so (hot out now)
I have been using some gear oil i had leftover from my truck
And it works well
Only thing is every now and then i can smell the distinct smell of the gear oil which i hate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3016 DL1000 ABS
486 Posts
I moved over from Scottoilers to Tutoro. I could never get the metering right on the Scott with the resulting mess around the rear of the bike. The Tutoro was significantly better in that regard and much simpler to mount with no vacuum feed or electronics. Great kit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi. Does anyone with a Tutoro oiler think the twin nozzle drip tube is twice as good as the single nozzle? I just received my basic Tutoro with a single nozzle. I'll be mounting it on my 2014 VS in the coming weeks prior to some long distance rides planned this spring and summer. I'm wondering if I should upgrade immediately or not. Thanks.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I started out with the dual feed but had not secured the feed line to it well enough so it got twisted and wouldn't work. I added an extra zip-tie to the line, put on the single feed and have not had a problem since. That was about 16,000 miles ago and all is running fine. I love this thing!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Theres enough talk about the tutoro that you almost have me convinced. My concern as with all chain lubes is fling-off. Can someone give me a description on if its messy or not? How often, if any do you have to clean up around the area? Any oil on clothes?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I stated this link in 2015 and with 4 years use my Tutoro Oiler still works great. I originally used the twin nozzle but found out that it would often rotate and only 1 nozzle would be touching the sprocket. So I went to the single nozzle and it stays in the correct location much better. The chain also seems to be oiled evenly. I would recommend using the single nozzle.

With any chain there is always some oil fling-off. If the oiler is adjusted correctly you should not get any on your clothes. The rear wheel does collect an oil/dust coating that washes off easily. Since this oiler works when the bike is moving it does not leak on the garage floor. I am very happy with this unit and plan to have one on any chain bike that I own.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hi. Does anyone with a Tutoro oiler think the twin nozzle drip tube is twice as good as the single nozzle? I just received my basic Tutoro with a single nozzle. I'll be mounting it on my 2014 VS in the coming weeks prior to some long distance rides planned this spring and summer. I'm wondering if I should upgrade immediately or not. Thanks.
Nope. I attempted to use the twin nozzle. never can get that set up correctly. It always needed adjustment after a ride or a rough ride.

Gave up and using the single nozzle now.

For those using gear oil. I did some research on replacement Tuturo oil and the Mobile Vactra hydrolic oil seems to get the nood. I got the oil in large quantity off ebay and will last a very long time.

Reactions: Big B

·
Registered
250 Posts
Theres enough talk about the tutoro that you almost have me convinced. My concern as with all chain lubes is fling-off. Can someone give me a description on if its messy or not? How often, if any do you have to clean up around the area? Any oil on clothes?
No fling. no oil on clothes. The wt on the oil is pretty heavy. Mine does have some oil around the rear chain guard but it does not warrant not using the Tutoro.

Reactions: Big B and ERockJL

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the feedback on double vs single nozzle. Single it is! I'm planning a round trip ride from home in SC to Deadhorse, AK this year with stops at places I've wanted to visit for a long time. Mt. Rushmore, Missouri Breaks, Yellowstone, Tetons, Glacier, Lake Louise and on and on..... It is interesting that when I reach the Canadian border somewhere in Montana, there are still 2.700 miles to go to the turn around.

I've found invaluable information about prepping for such a trip on the forum and continue looking for more. I'll try to post some photos of the bike when it is set up. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
The lowest cost basic one works well.
Just wondering if the next level up with the wire in the nozzle makes it easier to direct at the sprocket over the long haul? I don't think I'd bother with the dual nozzle.

·
Registered
254 Posts
The optional helix nozzle would be nice. I used fuel hose and heavy aluminum wire which took more time to tweak but works well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,589 Posts
The lowest cost basic one works well.
Just wondering if the next level up with the wire in the nozzle makes it easier to direct at the sprocket over the long haul? I don't think I'd bother with the dual nozzle.
If you use the dual nozzle make sure it is securely positioned. Any movement and the sprocket will chew off one side. Been there, done that. Now I use the single nozzle. I find I still have to manually oil the outside of the chain to keep rust at bay (lots of rain riding for me). The dual nozzle does work better until it doesn't.

·
Registered
392 Posts
ok, so ive been putting the miles on the tutoro. Overall, it does a good job. BUT, i do get occasional splatter. I am running at 1/4 open, so pretty low and chain looks good. I made a rear extension for the chain guard to keep the top case clean.
The real issue is the area where the chain runs by your left leg. There is no guard there. I just went on a 1 hr work lunch ride and i have 2 spots on my work khaki's, inside bottom. Not big, but unacceptable if i want to be able to ride without my overpants which i will i need to fix this. Two spots doesnt seem like a lot, but the wife wont be happy.

What has everyone else done, if they have the same problem? One thing i am trying is buying the Givi MG3105 tire hugger. I went Givi over Puig because it effectively extends the chain guard more forward. It should do the trick, but other opinions are welcome.

61 - 80 of 114 Posts