StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just installed a Tutoro Auto Chain Oiler. This design is finally available in the US from Adventuretech (I am not affiliated with them). The Oiler design is all mechanical and works from the bike's motion, no electric or vacuum source is needed. Just mount it and it's ready to go.

I did make my own reservoir mounting plate and a mounting bracket for the twin-feed nozzle. It dribbles a little oil on the chain as you ride and appears to work very well.

Here is where I purchased the oiler. He does sell a Deluxe and Standard version
http://www.adventuretech.biz/tutoro-auto---deluxe-edition.html

Attachments

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Zip ties

MAke sure that your Zip ties are UV stable. I put some on my TV antenna mast and they fell apart after a few years.

Reactions: DesertBike

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the pics, Ned. Are you taking orders for the brackets?
No I am not into manufacturing but you could ask Rick at Adventuretech if he would be interested in making them. He is selling the Tutoro chain oilers. I would be willing to provide the templates (PM me if interested). I made my brackets from some aluminum plate I had laying around. Tutoro does make a nozzle mount but it is not V-Strom specific. Here is their mount:
Anchor Kit - AdventureTech, LLC.

Thanks for comment on the zip-ties. This is what Tutoro uses to mount their system. These are black and that would provide some UV protection but I will keep an eye on them. I could upgrade to a stainless steel hose clamp.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I fitted one of these to mine a couple of months ago, it works really well using chain saw bar oil, I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Liking the simplicity of this design - the Scottoiler looks great, but not cheap and for the electronic version having an LCD display for an oiler just seems like overkill. Looking like another addition to the farkle wishlist... Wonder why these seem to be all developed in UK? Brits have special chain oiling skills?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Wonder why these seem to be all developed in UK? Brits have special chain oiling skills?
Yes, they do, they've got a proud tradition of making bikes that leak oil. Some of it is bound to end up on the chain.

·
Registered
77 Posts
the british always ride in the rain so you better lube everything

·
Registered
11 Posts
Super Simple Tutoro

Very easy install. I put one on a 2012 DL650A. I did not have to make a special bracket.
It works flawlessly.
Highly recommend.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I just replaced my stock chain and sprockets at 17k miles after abusing them severely last summer on my Alaska trip. With the new bits installed, I look forward to receiving my new Tutoro oiler. Ordered the deluxe version from Adv Tech and they shipped it the same day. I plan to install it next week and dial it in on my upcoming ride around the southeastern US in May. Thanks to the folks here for the reviews and install pics.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I received my Tutoro Auto Deluxe oiler from Adventure Tech in just a few days.:hurray: Installation was a snap using the supplied bracketry and tie-wraps. The youtube video instructions were spot on. It took less than an hour to install and prime the unit. I am trying the dual spigot first. It worked great on my commute to work(30 minute ride each way) but I noticed that it moves from it's desired position easily if I back the bike up. The spigot sometimes grabs the sprocket at the lightening holes and gets pushed upward. Further effort to relocate it at the center front of the sprocket will probably be necessary but it may be a little difficult to achieve a perfect mounting location. The single feed spigot might be a better solution long term for me. Either way, at the recommended 1.5 turns out on the valve, I had a nice oily sheen on the outer portion of the sprocket and chain rollers without any excess drippage. I look forward to further testing and am hoping that my new chain and sprocket set will last much longer than the last one. I think this is a nice farkle upgrade and am glad to see the simple new technology of the motion-activated valving come to the chain oiler market. So far, :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 116 Posts