StromTrooper banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Suzuki V-Strom 650
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My father bought the Wee new back in 2004, but is getting older and doesn't ride much anymore. He put on less than 1k miles in the last 4 years and accidently left water/water wetter in the radiator over Oklahoma's harsh winter and got coolant all mixed up with the oil.

He didn't want to mess with it so asked me if I wanted it. Sure, why not! It's a pretty blue bike in showroom stock condition, and ran great before this issue.

A quick search and a phone call to Spears Racing and 4 new freeze plugs were on the way. I put them plugs in, replaced the leaking fork seals and the bike is good as new again.

Not sure I'll ride it a whole lot as got a couple other bikes I enjoy, (see signature) but it's been in the family for 18 years and have ridden it quite a bit in the past.

So... hello!

Reactions: CaptBanana and om28

·
Registered
2004 Suzuki V-Strom 650
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome!

Post up some pics of that Blue Beauty when u get a chance!
Here ya go....
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Plant

Oooops... wrong forum.
Haven't taken any pics of it yet as I just put it back together.
I'll snap one of it tomorrow for y'all.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Good to hear the bike is staying in your family. Every time you ride it think of your dad. I know whenever I throw the ball glove on to play with my grand kids I think of my dad who is still alive at 94.

Mike

·
Registered
2004 Suzuki V-Strom 650
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, will think of my dad. It's a nice little bike and different from the inline 4 gang in the garage.
This is the second bike I got from my dad... I bought his '06 FJR as it was getting too big for him. Eventually sold it to get my dream bike (the FJR pictured above).

So far all I've done to it was jumper the clutch "safety" switch. I'm not a fan of that feature and disabled it on my Bandit as soon as I got that one too. Has some form of aftermarket seat... seems nice and he gave me the stock one too.

My 4 other bikes all have center stands... this one doesn't. Might have to get one of those.... prefer OEM stuff.

31k documented and pampered miles... not bad for being in it less than $100 to date.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Plant

Reactions: CaptBanana

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Fuel tank Vehicle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts