Strom Trooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, my little detour last weekend worked out better than I had planned as I had wanted to get across HWY 410 another time or two before it closed for the winter. Turns out that as I was coming back from Seattle this morning I seen the sign on 167 saying that 410 is closed at MP 109 (or was it 107?). I also heard on the radio that the North Cascade Hwy is closed due to mudslides and I-90 is down to one lane (don't remember if it was Westbound or Eastbound somewhere around the Snoqualmie summit.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
It's open. 410 that is. I went over yesterday, came back today. The detour for the big slide of a couple of years ago works for this one also. Fortunately for those over in the Nile, this one was the result of flash flooding, and is not considered a land slide like the last one.

The bigger deal is 20 miles of road construction that starts about 5 miles from the summit on the east side. There is a mixture of chip sealing, road grinding, and new asphalt going on. It will be nice when it is finished and the extra gravel from the chip sealing is swept away, but it looks to be quite a ways from that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts