StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I asked Strommers, had they had dealingss with G.L.Lubricants, you know..good service, do they sell at the price they say, that sort of stuff. As a second thought did premium oxx really make a difference.
Quick as lightning is was locked....oops wrong forum, sorry. Should have been The Big Oil thread. Fair enough. Don't forget to add "Big" in your search which I initially did or you just get a general site.
But FYI not a single person from the U.S. Canada or Mexico who frequent this, purchased a single drop from this Sydney based Co.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Interesting as your question is NOT about oil but the service of a supplier.

I have purchased from him and his service is good. It is a part time business and if you want to pick up you need to do it evenings or Saturdays.
I intend to purchase from him again

I am using Mobil 1 Racing 4T (US version :thumbup:)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hi Wardy, Just picked up some oil the other day, Chinese guy called Nick, very friendly. Can pick up daily before 10am or after 6pm.
I bought the SHELL Rotella that many people on The Big Oil thread use, I'll see how it goes.

See you in the NewYear, stay safe!
:cheers2:
BOB

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
A while back I asked Strommers, had they had dealingss with G.L.Lubricants, ...
But FYI not a single person from the U.S. Canada or Mexico who frequent this, purchased a single drop from this Sydney based Co.
I, for one, have never heard of such an enterprise. :confused: I just go to the local shop and say, "What should I put in my '06 Suzuki dl650?" At first, they pointed to gallon jugs of BelRay. A few times I had to buy quarts, then the parts guy said, "Get a gallon of the Castrol, instead, BelRay has priced themselves out of the market." I believe people really over think this stuff. I can afford the mc shop products and buy there to support them - I generally do my own work, but they have saved my bacon a few times. When cost has been an issue for me, I have been more than happy going to the auto store and picking up pretty much any mc-approved product with the right letters and numbers on the container.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with your sentiments L.S. but there are times when the price difference is too great. Tyres for example in a dealers shop are almost always quoted from the book (recommended retail price) ( a type of collusion? ) and apart from some very recent times, rarely if ever discounted. Most rears for a Strom. as an example are around $260+. A TKC 80 $305/310 ( you can pull your jeans up now sir) With this kind of over the top pricing ( we do have greater overheads than the U.S. but we are captive in the market) dealers are now finding their customers can and will look elsewhere thanks to on-line. Sadly perhaps some of the good dealers may fall by the wayside but the smart,efficient ones will always survive.
My approach is this; if I believe my dealer is going to charge over the top on one particular item, tyres are my hobby horse at the moment and there are many examples, why would I support him on other items. My point is not really about oils or tyres as such but at the choices we now have at where we can buy. I will support a dealer that will support me, me as a customer not a cash cow as it has been in the past.

Saturn 5

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
This is NOT a discussion about oil. If it becomes one it will be moved to the only place on this forum where oil discussions are permitted.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NO it's not about oil

Kiwi, whats the problem? This is about resellers, dealers, service,price. The fact that this bloke sells oil and you want to bury it in The Big Oil Thread?

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
I was responding to the comment that no one in the U.S. or Canada had purchased a relatively inexpensive product from a small distributor overseas.

Saturn 5, there is a limit to my level of support. I buy my tires online and change them myself. Though, after wrestling with the 12 and 10 inch rims on my scotter yesterday, I might start letting the shop change the rubber after I remove the rims. They offered to do that for me for the time involved at hourly rate.

This year I bought an Is-max helmet from them. They quoted me a retail price. I asked them if there was some secret dealer button the could click on because I could order online as well as they could and get a better price. They guy clicked around for a while and got within $10 of the lowest online price I could find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts