StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a 08 dl 1000 in wisconsin it had full givi bags givi windshield,centerstand and power commander and only 1500k what a fun bike i have already doubled the miles. best part $5500 enjoying the website. just thought id get my first post in.:biggrinjester:

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Cripes what a price. Up here in BC Canada i paid 6K for a 04 with 42k km on it. Mine only needs a top box to complete it though, has everything else, and runs like a champ.

Fun bikes all right.

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy.

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
...only 1500k what a fun bike i have already doubled the miles...
Wow! :yikes: I think we have two new records! :biggrinjester:

Welcome and enjoy! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
I guess I stole mine

I guess I stole mine = Back in Nov. '09, I brought my '09 Vee, w/ 1700 miles for $6600. It was on ebay w/ a buy it now price of $6900, I called the dealer that only sold off road stuff in NC, we agreed on $6600, gave him a 10% deposit via Visa and headed north.
Seems a young fellow had it, nailed it, when the front wheel came up, he doo-dooed his pants and traded it that day on a 4 wheeler off road buggy. The dealer thought there was something wrong with the engine due to the rough 2500 / 3500 spot and wanted to get rid of it. Right place, right time. Best deal I've ever made on a bike. AND I love it!!! Hardly ever ride my 1700 Roadstar anymore.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I bought my 2009 a few months ago for $5200. It had 350 (yes - 350) miles and was bone stock except for the centerstand. I was extremely happy with my deal.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Cripes what a price. Up here in BC Canada i paid 6K for a 04 with 42k km on it. Mine only needs a top box to complete it though, has everything else, and runs like a champ.

Fun bikes all right.

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy.
Yikes... maybe you should have shopped around more?... I just got my brand new 2011 650 for $6995 + $289 freight... Yes, your's is a 1000, but nealy 8 years old... $6K seems a way too much to me...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yikes... maybe you should have shopped around more?... I just got my brand new 2011 650 for $6995 + $289 freight... Yes, your's is a 1000, but nealy 8 years old... $6K seems a way too much to me...
CanadianFZ6, can I ask where you purchased your 650?

·
Registered
34 Posts
just bought a 08 dl 1000 in wisconsin it had full givi bags givi windshield,centerstand and power commander and only 1500k what a fun bike i have already doubled the miles. best part $5500 enjoying the website. just thought id get my first post in.:biggrinjester:
Wow! That a good deal. I'm looking for similar. Lot of these guys think their bikes are worth way more than they really are.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Sounds like a great deal. Any deal is good if you enjoy and use what you buy. I got my 2011 WEE in April. I paid sticker out the door and got almost retail for my V Star 650 trade. Not the best deal but I am loving my new wheels. The ABS has also been handy a couple times. Saved me from a low speed drop, and a front wheel skid at stopsign where road was bumpy and dirty. I am glad to have a wee. This is also a great forum. Lots of good people and info.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
an 08 seems like only 4 years to me and alot of extras i thought it was a good deal with only 1500 miles

·
Registered
294 Posts
Congrats! You got a good deal. Post up some pix of that honey.

I got to swap rides with a buddy's '11 Kawi Ninja 1000 last weekend and while that bike smokes the Vee in speed and BRAKES, I was so happy to get back on my uber comfy and smooth Vee for the rest of the trip. But ..... it did leave me lusting after the GSXR brake upgrade......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts