StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I stalled it at 0MPH. Broke the R turn signal, hand guard, and front brake lever.

DL650 ABS. Brake lever the same as any other year?

I'll replace it all. Think I'll go with these:
Mini-Blinkers-set-of-4-Suzuki-V-Strom-DL650 - Touratech-USA

Sucks. But got it out of the way. First scratch and ding... :thumbdown:

Will one of the two bike shops in my town likely have the brake lever? Or should I expedite shipping online?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Bummer. Not sure what your local dealer will have in stock. I have had to replace broken levers in the past and generally ordered from bikebandit.com. AMA members get a 10 percent discount so you can save some bucks - happily the levers don't cost a forture but the discount comes in handy if you buy stuff like helmets.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
256 Posts
Had no idea bike bandit only shows parts through the 2009 model year. Very odd. Maybe customer support or live chat can help.

I don't think the brake lever assembly has changed but I have a 2006 model.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
The 2011 levers have different part numbers from earlier years. Check to see if an old model fits for sure including activating the brake light switch. If not, you can try E-Bay but make sure 2011 is specified. I recently got a pair of levers from Adjustable Custom Brake & Clutch Levers - Sport bike Racing Parts-Performance Sportbike Custom Levers,Rear sets,Billet Mirror,Sport bike Accessories and they have 2011 levers available.
If you have hand guards, the adjuster needs to be mounted upside down on the clutch side. Good deal on levers from china

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, greywolf. I decided to bite the bullet with them and order. I'll check and see if I can get a replacement tomorrow at the bike shop. It is ride-able right now, but not the best. I won't get to ride over the weekend anyhow, so shouldn't hold me up too badly.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Bah, second time tonight I've closed the window too quickly after hitting the submit button. MTV generation and all.

My bike had been pre-dropped by the previous owner, so it came with a custom shorty (snapped) brake lever.

I used it as an excuse to buy some Pazzo shorties. Between the shorter lever and the beefy barkbusters handguards, I do not anticipate having to replace my levers again.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Bah, second time tonight I've closed the window too quickly after hitting the submit button. MTV generation and all.

My bike had been pre-dropped by the previous owner, so it came with a custom shorty (snapped) brake lever.

I used it as an excuse to buy some Pazzo shorties. Between the shorter lever and the beefy barkbusters handguards, I do not anticipate having to replace my levers again.

Nice lever and bark buster setup. Hate to imagine the damage that would require redoing what you have there. I am still running stock levers and the OEM hand guards.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have done the same thing you did, stalled taking off and dropped her on the curb. :headbang:
I have the Givi crash bars installed and the only damage was a scratch on my crash bars. I suggest after fixing your lights saving up for a set of crash bars.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Newbie here with a new 2011 wee. First week I also dropped at 0 miles/HR going into my driveway (full tank of gas, tight turn, front brake- oops) Funny thing was the night before I installed bark busters and SW motech crash bars. Not a scratch on anything!! Not sure how that is possible but I was glad to have spent the money on the handgaurds and bars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts