StromTrooper banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday At 638mi. Had all ready, was just thinking to wait until weekend. But with 100mi a day commute that would have put me 800+.

Used Volar filter ($17/3 on Amazon) and SuperTech conventional oil from Walmart (<$12 5qt). For those who don't go to BITOG it is made by XOM, rebranded M Super.

It is like a different bike now. Less vibration, smoother shift. More power. Bike sounds like it found its mojo. I swear factory oil was much higher viscosity.

I will run it like this for a couple short changes and then switch to synthetic.

·
Administrator
17,520 Posts
We can't let this turn into an oil thread......nope can't do it. ;) Glad whatever you did worked for you, more times than not it makes little difference what we use.....placebo effect is a very strong effect.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have about the same commute distance as you (right around 100mi round trip). You'll have PLENTY of opportunities to experiment with oil 'n such if you ride to work a regular basis. And start shopping for tires now :grin2: By the time you read all the tire threads and decide what you want to use, you'll be needing them.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have about the same commute distance as you (right around 100mi round trip). You'll have PLENTY of opportunities to experiment with oil 'n such if you ride to work a regular basis. And start shopping for tires now :grin2: By the time you read all the tire threads and decide what you want to use, you'll be needing them.
How much did you get out of your BWs? They look very new at 750mi. So far I like them, will probably stay with them or do Shinkos 705 for the price if can't get good deal.

I might be able to get 300mi out of this tank. Last one was 242mi and it took 4gal. MPG guesstimator is very conservative, it was showing 56.5 when the actual was 60. I should start fuelly log and keep track of it.

With respect to starting religions err oil war I know what I want, except that Amsoil got so freaking expensive! I have a case of gallon jars sitting in garage, but it will be used for long trips only. For now we'll use ST for break in, next 2 changes and then switch to M1 at 11k. Euro car or High mileage formula is cheap at Walmart.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
It's already an oil thread, so it stops now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.