StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I tried to hang on, but a fellow Stromtrooper (slt824) gave me the heads up on the fact that TriCity Cycle here in Waterloo Ontario still had 2 black 2011 650 Stroms in a crate... I had no problem waiting until the 2012 version, that is until I got a quote of $6995 + $289 freight/PDI... So I caved and now will be picking up my brand new Black 2011 DL650 this Saturday...

Sorry slt824, I am weak... had to... I even instructed my girlfriend to smack me upside the head if I even uttered the word V-Strom... Suffice it to say, it didn't work...

They still have one left in a crate... so who ever is looking, go grab this deal... Speak to Rob... I was in and out in 10mins and no BS sales crap from him...

I am back:thumbup:

Richard

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Welcome "back" (you never really left the forum..)

I have to ask you:
Why didn't you keep the Versys?

·
Registered
702 Posts
He's baaaaaccck...

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome "back" (you never really left the forum..)

I have to ask you:
Why didn't you keep the Versys?
Thanks... I wanted to like the Versys... I even like the way it looks over the V-strom... However, the engine vibration killed the love affair... The motor always seemed harsh, very noisy and busy like... if that makes any sense. I just didn't get the feeling of "bullet proof" that we get from our Stroms... Other minor things like very little extra power to run farkles, lack of weather protection and lack of dual sport tire options... also did it in for me...

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Thanks for the "Canadian" thoughts on the Versys.
I was tempted in that direction a few years back ~ but the 17 inch front wheel was the killer [re tyre availability], and there were persistent rumours about the engine vibes [vibes tolerable for an hour's ride, but kind of undermining the pleasure of a long ride].

Now if BMW would only bring out a version of the 1600 with a decent bash plate and a 19 inch front wheel . . . .

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm hoping the dealers down here in AZ don't offer the same kind of deal. I really want to hold out for the 2012, but the DRZ's 2x4 of a seat is getting old fast.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Well, I tried to hang on, but a fellow Stromtrooper (slt824) gave me the heads up on the fact that TriCity Cycle here in Waterloo Ontario still had 2 black 2011 650 Stroms in a crate... I had no problem waiting until the 2012 version, that is until I got a quote of $6995 + $289 freight/PDI... So I caved and now will be picking up my brand new Black 2011 DL650 this Saturday...

Sorry slt824, I am weak... had to... I even instructed my girlfriend to smack me upside the head if I even uttered the word V-Strom... Suffice it to say, it didn't work...

They still have one left in a crate... so who ever is looking, go grab this deal... Speak to Rob... I was in and out in 10mins and no BS sales crap from him...

I am back:thumbup:

Richard
Welcome back. That is a great deal and now you got me thinking about it. :furious: Unfortunately for me, my wife will give me a good smack upside the head if I bring back another bike. Maybe if I have the Shoei on, it won't hurt as much.

You can tell your girlfriend it was my fault. I'm okay with it. I used to pissing off women. :green_lol:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Great deal! Got my white 2011 for $7099.00 and thought that was the bottom! The dealer that I bought mine from wanted $500.00 more for the black one. Still cannot figure that one out - both had ABS and were pretty much identical except for the color... Congrats on the new DL!!

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
Congrats on the new scooter. I took advantage of the 1.99% (5yr) Suzuki loan in '09 and picked up a wee. The '12 looks interesting though and has my attention but I've pretty much got mine the way I like with all the 'stuff' I added. Not in a hurry to start that all over again.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Don't forget to see your dealer for the 199 dollar hard bag deal. I got mine and they are really nice. And yes the mounts come with them. The bags are available to anyone that bought a new wee after Aug 1 st. If your dealer draws a blank on this deal then call Suzuki direct.
Bill

·
Registered
515 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
That was a quick "out and back in," FZ6.

How much did this exercise cost you in net $? :confused:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks... I wanted to like the Versys... I even like the way it looks over the V-strom... However, the engine vibration killed the love affair... The motor always seemed harsh, very noisy and busy like... if that makes any sense. I just didn't get the feeling of "bullet proof" that we get from our Stroms... Other minor things like very little extra power to run farkles, lack of weather protection and lack of dual sport tire options... also did it in for me...
Yep, the Versys and the Vstrom are 2 different bikes. I have both and depending on my riding that day decides which to ride. The Versys is absolutely great in the twisties, however like you say, it is much more "busy" than the Vstrom. General riding with a few twisties the Wee wins hands down for comfort. I just can't seem to let go of either one.

As soon as the 2012's (vstroms) are out here at the dealerships, I'm going to be parking one in my garage

Attachments

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
Wow! good deal...

I think you'd never see a price this low in BC, not even just before winter.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Wow! good deal...

I think you'd never see a price this low in BC, not even just before winter.
That's what I thought... had to jump on it... I got lucky... They have another one for the same price... Hopefully I have helped them sell it... Final price was $8230 with frieght and taxes (HST)... $6995 + $289 Freight/PDI + 13% HST = $8230.00.... I can wait a couple of years now to get the new version for a decent price...

·
Registered
313 Posts
That's what I though... had to jump on it... I got lucky... They have another one for the same price... Hopefully I have helped them sell it... Final price was $8230 with frieght and taxes (HST)... $6995 + $289 Freight/PDI + 13% HST = $8230.00.... I can wait a couple of years now to get the new version for a decent price...
I hope you know you're killing me!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts