StromTrooper banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Therapy session :

19yo daughter tonight asked me to move my bike, as she had blocked driveway with her car , and she had parked in front of the middle gate leading to the shed. I could not pass so I had parked the bike behind her car.

Anyway was just finishing a show and I got the call , move the bike Dad I am going out.I said give me a minute, to a reply of , "I will move it.. " and of cause I told her" Dont even try move it " but of course she couldn't wait and tried to move the bike by herself.

I hear this horrible screaming and run out to find a the bike on top of her.
She has injured her back and the side stand caught her foot and gouged a piece out. Impatient teenagers..... AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Bike copped some damage also , but that's not my concern.

I think she will be ok , she is icing as I type and says shes just a little sore.

I think she tried to shift the bike while it was in gear.She has no concept that a motorcycle even has gears.Its dug in and over they went.

I am angry and grateful at the same time.Teenagers AHHHHHHHHHHH::furious::furious:

There it's out and I feel better.:headbang::headbang::headbang:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Wow

That is very typical, I can imagine that at my house - wait an extra minute, nah!

Im glad she is not too hurt and I can only imagine your thoughts as you heard the scream. They are bloody heavy bike once they start to go.

Good luck and hopefully you guys will feel better tomorrow.

Trevor

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
An instant, that's all it takes for things to go wrong with bikes.

Twice I tried to hold up my previous R1150GS, to no avail.

I recently had my much lighter KLR650 go down while doing a straddled about face on a narrow trail, same result- bike horizontal and me with a sore shoulder from straining against the weight.

Thankfully your daughter only has minor injuries, though I would keep an eye on her back injury.

Your heart stops and your blood runs cold when your child is involved in an accident like that.

Glad she's ok.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I think the behavior is common and been going on for a long while.

When I was in high school my non motorcycle riding girlfriend tried to move my 1980 Honda CB750C (the "C" stood for Chrome-monster) and dropped it on herself.

Wonder where she (or the bike) is now...:confused:

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
That's not unusual behavior for teenagers (and older) Mike. My daughter was, and still is, always minutes late and son one hour early.
I can just see your pulse and pressure shoot up!
Lucky all is good in the end.

Saturn 5

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I sure hope her back and foot are ok. My kid is 13 and thank God, he's not had a serious injury yet. I'm sure it'll be very painful (for me) if or when he does.

My Dad got in rush to move a CB550 I used to ride when I was in High School. He rolled it across the carport and leaned it against a pole without the kickstand. Put a nasty crease/dent in the tank. I loved my Dad, may he rest in peace, but I'm still pissed about that dent!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Therapy session :
I am angry and grateful at the same time.Teenagers AHHHHHHHHHHH::furious::furious:
Yep i know how you feel , glad shes ok if not a little sore, watch the back injury , i dropped my cx500 and was still standing with the bike on the ground after (car turned in front of me) , 3 months later i started have sciatic problems , the bike can be fixed.
Ozzy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts