StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

It's been a few months so I figured I'd stop by and see how everyone is doing. I just finished reading the thread about the 2012 Vee and can see that all my old friends are doing fine, and bi**ing about the same arguments<LOL>...I'm just teasing.

Anyway, my 07 Vee continues to be 100% bulletproof....no runs,no drips, no errors!!

I'll post up in the "other motorcycles" section about my other activities......but good to see everyone still here. I didn't see though,...is Jon as happy with his Tenere as he thought he would be? I finally found a way around the work filters so I'll be able to stop in a bit more often now.

Take care all,

jeff

M

·
0 Posts
Glad to see a 1K rider

Jeff,

Turn out the lights and take the flag, the 1K forum is overrun. :fineprint:
Take a look around, the wee-nies have apparently run off all the Vee riders with their incessant crying about, well, everything. Take the 2012 thread for example, they can't stop crapping on the 1K, in the 1K forum no less. Sad, just plain sad. :thumbdown:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah Shep, I noticed that. Why is that? Like lib's(weenies) and conserv's(Vees).....the libs absolutely hate conserv's but the conserv's just want the libs to go away, they aren't filled with the same pure hatred that libs are...

Gee, I sure hope they don't "improve" the looks of the Vee like they did with the wee<ROTFLMAO>...and if any wees are reading this, you sohuldn't be here anyway<LOL>!!

all in fun folks, all in fun.....

jeff

M

·
0 Posts
LOL! Yeah, and if some of this stuff were said about The Blessed Wee it'd be getting deleted pretty quick. Duplicity is cowardice's ugly stepsister. The upside is the 1K is, and always will be, the first, best Strom. I ride the original, not some watered down variant for the frugal rider. Do you suppose that the guy who owns a real Shelby Cobra has to endure this with all the kit builders? "Well sure yours is a Shelby, but I built mine for less." It's not the same, but I'm goiing to insist that it is until you say I'm right or everyone walks off...

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,406 Posts
LOL! Do you suppose that the guy who owns a real Shelby Cobra has to endure this with all the kit builders? "Well sure yours is a Shelby, but I built mine for less." It's not the same, but I'm goiing to insist that it is until you say I'm right or everyone walks off...
That sure rings a bell! And I do ride a Vee...and have a Wee... but that's not important...

·
Registered
26 Posts
New UK DL1000 rider here. Alive and well and not bothered about which V anyone rides!

"This is my V. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My V is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my V is useless. Without my V, I am useless. I must ride my V true. I must ride straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me." :thumbup:

·
Registered
15,428 Posts
I finally found a way around the work filters so I'll be able to stop in a bit more often now.

Oooooh. I'll ask this obvious one, how about giving your boss what he pays for, your time?
Sorry, had to do it. Retired dedicated worker.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New UK DL1000 rider here. Alive and well and not bothered about which V anyone rides!

"This is my V. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My V is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my V is useless. Without my V, I am useless. I must ride my V true. I must ride straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me." :thumbup:

I love your quote mann.....from one of my all time fav movies....watched it again the other day.....

and to the detractors, since this is MY thread, I'll give you exactly what you deserve........

jeff

·
Registered
816 Posts
LOL! Yeah, and if some of this stuff were said about The Blessed Wee it'd be getting deleted pretty quick. Duplicity is cowardice's ugly stepsister. The upside is the 1K is, and always will be, the first, best Strom. I ride the original, not some watered down variant for the frugal rider. Do you suppose that the guy who owns a real Shelby Cobra has to endure this with all the kit builders? "Well sure yours is a Shelby, but I built mine for less." It's not the same, but I'm goiing to insist that it is until you say I'm right or everyone walks off...
+1

They really have no clue how obnoxious they are, do they? I'm on my second Vee. I only changed because I got a great deal on a newer bike, but I'd replace this one with another again, if I had to. I've ridden both the 650 and 1000. They are both good bikes, but I like the 1000 better. I just don't find the need to bash the 650 at every opportunity, like they have the need to bash the 1000. It just gets so tiring having most threads turn into 'the wee is a better bike' thread. And as noted, people leave the forum because it does get tiring listening to 'my wee is better.' You buy the cheapest bike in the segment and think it's the best thing going. It isn't. Get over it. Rant over... for now.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Jeff...funny, just yesterday I was reading a thread form 2008 that Greywolf linked, and realized how many folks were no longer here (Mortaine?!?!?). You stood out because you have the best avatar on the site (and I really like austin44's knee-dragging on a playground panda).

As far as the wee -Vee debate, I really only see one person taking every opportunity to bash the 1000. I won't name names because it'll just inflate his ego if he sees it in a thread. I've owned both and prefer the 1000, just suits my style better.

Anyhow, glad to see you're still around, Jeff. You should post more often; you don't have to say anything, just let me see more of that avatar!! :thumbup:

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
I love your quote mann.....from one of my all time fav movies....watched it again the other day.....
Yeah; it's a good quote; I just hope vee owners don't go the way of this guy.
Funny enough, he played a corrupt cop in some other movie and also ended up blowing his brains out...

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Don......sweet isn't she?

Talk about being type-cast.."hey, we need a guy to blow his brains out"...call so and so....

LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts