StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hurray:I bought a 2005 Wee Strom two days ago and couldn't be happier. I paid 3500 for a 28,000 mile bike with some nice basic upgrades (Madstad, Givi Monokey, handlebar risers, skidplate/crashbars) and the best part was that the former owner was a meticulous mechanic. Besides being a helluva nice guy, he was very knowledgeable and took great care of the bike. So now I'm looking forward to seeing and touring the best of North Carolina over the next few years while I'm stationed here at Fort Bragg. You all should know that the StromTrooper forum is what brought me to looking for a DL-650 in the first place and I'm happy to be a new member and owner.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Congrats from another new owner...I love mine so far too.:hurray:

·
Registered
176 Posts
I just bought an 05 Wee a few months ago from a guy from FT. Bragg.
It had 17,900 on it with some goodies. I love it. Enjoy your bike, be careful and thank you for your service to our country.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dagwood 328.... I think I was a day late pulling the trigger on the bike you purchased. Was it on the resale lot near the PX? That bike was like show room new condition with a nice GIVI trunk.

·
Registered
176 Posts
TOMMYRAY,
Yes sir, that's the one. The seller and I met in Whiteville and made the transaction. It came with pitbull maintenance stands and some other stuff.
The low beams didn't work, but thanks to this site, I had them fixed in a day.
Now the bike has DDM tuning HID's. The lights make a big difference night riding. Good investment and easy install.

Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's funny that we were looking at the same bike... you got a great deal on that one. Thanks to everyone welcoming me to the site. I'll post a picture one of these days.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Tommyray,
We'll need to get together for a ride sometime. I ride with a bunch of guys I work with, usually about 6-8 people on a wide varity of bikes from cruisers to sport bikes. Just last week we went to Carolina Beach for the day, rode the ferry from South Port to Fort Fisher and on to the Fat Pelican. I'm the only Strom in the bunch, so the more the merrier. I'll send you a PM the next time we go.

Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That would be great. If my schedule allows, I would like to go. I'm so pleased with this bike. I'm not sure where the 1000 would be any advantage to me so I'm glad I went with the Wee.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts