StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a deal yesterday on a '07 Wee with 20k's on the clock. Seems to have been well looked after.

I had an SV650S a number of years back which I loved, but have had a few years in the wilderness with no mount.

I'm looking forward to getting back in the groove and will definitely have a good look around the forum.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Welcome Henno

Quite a few strommers down in your neck of the woods.....

I've got an 07 model Wee-strom (Burgundy) with a few extras

Great bike...love mine:thumbup:

Hope you hook up with a few guys down there in Sydney and head out for a few rides.

Cheers

wobbly_boot

(Dave)

·
Registered
808 Posts
Nice work

Well done Henno, I am an old Sydney sider.Wobbly Boot has a burgundy 07, I have the blue 07. What did you do a deal on. 20k on the clock is pretty bloody god mate.

Hey - come up to Lions Rd on 19 May for a camp night, its just over the Qld border. A great excuse for a 3-4 day ride. We have 9 stroms coming so far. Its a beautiful area. I know I could not wait to get on and just go overnight when I got mine.

Either way - enjoy your new beast

Trevor

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome to life on a Wee! Haven't looked back, and having a blast!

Cheers,

Cam

Ps. I bought my Wee in Nov last year, it's an 11 model. It had 400ks on it. Just checked and now has 10400km! On the odo

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Welcome Henno,

I'm west of Sydney near Windsor, maybe you can catch up with a few of us on a ride sometime.

My '09 has nearly 60,000km on it and has not missed a beat, you will enjoy your new bike and be confident it will serve you for years to come. :thumbup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the friendly welcome guys.

My bike is also burgundy and with a few farkles - Wilbers rear shock and springs, Givi top box, digital gear indicator, pannier rack, centre stand and few other bits and pieces for a flat 5 grand. Pretty good value I think. Plan to add some crash bars soon.

Definitely looking for rides locally, but with young kids doing the overnighters will be a push for a while yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Henno

Welcome to the VStrom world, like you I've only just returned to riding and prior to picking up my 2009 VStrom 650, I'd been riding a DR650.

If your experiance go's anything like mine you'll wish you had picked up a VStrom in the first place.

Chris in Tassie

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Thanks for the friendly welcome guys.

My bike is also burgundy and with a few farkles - Wilbers rear shock and springs, Givi top box, digital gear indicator, pannier rack, centre stand and few other bits and pieces for a flat 5 grand. Pretty good value I think. Plan to add some crash bars soon.

Definitely looking for rides locally, but with young kids doing the overnighters will be a push for a while yet.
A Flat 5 grand.....Jeeeezus.....that's not only a good buy...that's a STEAL:jawdrop:

And I thought with all the goodies mine had, that I got a good deal at 8K but after reading that...I feel ripped off:confused:..Well I did buy from a dealer, so I guess he had to make a bit out of it.

Hope you have some great times on your wee:yesnod:

Cheers

wobbly_boot

·
Registered
261 Posts
Welcome!

Great choice, I have an '06 model, bought new, now has just done 71,000kms! Yes, a LOT of highway commuting averaging 80kms return every day to and from work, GREAT bike!

You got a great price for yours, hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us.

Mike
:thumbup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A Flat 5 grand.....Jeeeezus.....that's not only a good buy...that's a STEAL:jawdrop:

And I thought with all the goodies mine had, that I got a good deal at 8K but after reading that...I feel ripped off:confused:..Well I did buy from a dealer, so I guess he had to make a bit out of it.

Hope you have some great times on your wee:yesnod:

Cheers

wobbly_boot
Wobbly,

I think the combo of the new 2012 model proving popular so many trade in's out there and the timing of the run into Winter made it a good time to get a good used bargain.

Picking it up on Saturday, so getting excited.

Paul

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Henno,
Good to see you got a Wee, or should I say stole it, I have had 2 and now have a 12 V. Mate if you haven't already purchased thr crash bars send me an email as I have a set going at the right price. [email protected]

·
Registered
184 Posts
Crash Bars

Congratulations Henno on the new bike. I am confident you will enjoy the ride. Do fit the Crash Bars as soon as practicable. Mine have payed for themselves immediately when I quickly joined the 'Drop In Club' and again recently when a woman did not give way to her right and the inevitable occured. Luckily, I had slowed markedly before I ran into her rear passenger door, but the Crash Bars saved the bike again when it fell to the left. Astonishingly both the bike and I survived and rode on to continue shopping. Eldest son says, "Dad, most people and most bikes dont usually get up after hitting a motor vehicle". Rod

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congratulations Henno on the new bike. I am confident you will enjoy the ride. Do fit the Crash Bars as soon as practicable. Mine have payed for themselves immediately when I quickly joined the 'Drop In Club' and again recently when a woman did not give way to her right and the inevitable occured. Luckily, I had slowed markedly before I ran into her rear passenger door, but the Crash Bars saved the bike again when it fell to the left. Astonishingly both the bike and I survived and rode on to continue shopping. Eldest son says, "Dad, most people and most bikes dont usually get up after hitting a motor vehicle". Rod
Thanks Rod. I'm really enjoying the bike.

I've actually just picked up some frame sliders. Maybe not as substantial as the crash bars but hopefully they'll still give me some protection from any little "dropsies". I'm not really planning much off road stuff and they're a lot cheaper to buy and replace if necessary.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Another Sydney sider

Hi Henno,

Welcome to the site and congratulations on your new acquisition. You will grow to really, really like your Wee. I know I have. They are not called "Captain Capable" for nothing!

I am in Inner West and like to get out and about on day rides as often as I can. ('07 burgundy Wee with nearly 40k on the clock - purchased with 27k on it about three years ago - & a few farkles added by me) Pic below all packed up & ready to head down to the Snowy Mountains.

Recently did the "Five Ferries" ride around the Hawkesbury (a great day ride) which I plan to do again soon as a refresher with some (non-Strom) buddies. You would be most welcome to come along on that if you are available. Will let you know dates later.

The crash bars are definitely worth getting IMHO. Been down on mine once already(car park spill on slippery grass slope) and they saved the day. They are also real handy for attaching a tank bag as you can see in the pic.

Like you, I am fairly new to this site and they seem like a great bunch of bods to hang out online with.

Have fun on your Wee and ride as often as you can.

Cheers...herdygerdy (Tony)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts