StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just got an '05 "wee" as i see them called. I am in the syracuse area, is there anyone around here?

apparently i am learning exactly what buffeting is - i dont like it much, but i sure like the bike.

Anyway - Let me know if there is anyone in Central NY.
Mike

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just moved to Victor NY from San Diego. I guess that being within a 60 mile radius counts as being "near" to you. Hoping for another month or so of riding weather.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Camillus, NY

Just picked up a Wee-Strom (actually, I have not got it yet) and would like to connect with are owners. Let me know when you might get together. Counting the days to ride again.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Hey

I'm down here in the southern tier in the Enchanted Mountains along the Alegheny. Good riding hereabouts and across the line in PA. C'mon springtime!

Jstrom

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mike: I'm near Elmira.

Remove the two lower windshield mounting screws. Go to a hardware store, and find longer screws. While there, get two nylon spacers with center hole large enough for the screws. Spacers should be at leat 1/2" long. Reinstall with the spacers underneath the windshield. That will tip the windshield forward at the bottom, and back at the top. It will also allow more air underneath the windshield, which allows the airflow to "attach" to it. That may not be the correct explanation in fluidic terms, but you'll see the effect immediately. That experiment will cost a whopping $3.

You'll probably want to put the windshield in the highest setting after doing this, because the top of the windshield will now be lower.

You can do this with the original windshield, or any of the available options. I use the Windstrom, which looks like a backwards curve (the edges are forward, not back), and it works great. Zero buffeting.

You can spend more and buy the Mastad adjustable bracket to accomplish the same thing. To be fair, the Mastad will give you more adjustability.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
I grew up in Syracuse so I thought I'd welcome you. I'd love to get back there to do some riding on my Wee. Thirteen curves anyone? Mike

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey New Yorkers -- warm weather this weekend and next week.

Picked up my new bike yesterday and am itching to start the break-in. Let me know who wants to ride Sunday!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another Central NY Wee rider!

Hi All,
My name is Tom and I am new to this forum. I live in Little Falls NY, about 1 hour to the east of Syracuse. I have an 07 Wee. This snow is killing me and I am dieing to get out and ride again.
If any of you are up for a cold weather:rolleyes: Sunday ride sometime let me know, just want the roads to be dry and the temp to be somewhat bearable, say 40 or 45 degrees or higher.
Tom

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi All,
My name is Tom and I am new to this forum. I live in Little Falls NY, about 1 hour to the east of Syracuse. I have an 07 Wee. This snow is killing me and I am dieing to get out and ride again.
If any of you are up for a cold weather:rolleyes: Sunday ride sometime let me know, just want the roads to be dry and the temp to be somewhat bearable, say 40 or 45 degrees or higher.
Tom
Welcome Tom and congrats on your new bike. Were did you buy it? Is the blue one? They are faster, you know.

I am ready to go when you are! Today is warm but pretty wet and the rest of the week looks too cold. If you see a Sunday on the horizon that looks promising, send me a PM and we'll try to make something work.
Steve

·
Registered
41 Posts
Palmyra

I grew up in Fayetteville and am now out in Palmyra, about an hour west of you all. I have an 06 1K Vee that I have over 12k on. So I ride often and all over. This spring we should all get together and go for a ride and share some ideas.

·
Registered
708 Posts
hey all, live in canastota (just between syr and utica) no strom yet, hopin i can afford one some day to replace my beat up old magna, don't mean that i can't go ride once the weather turns

·
Registered
100 Posts
Syracuse area

Still here in Camillus and ready to ride when you are. PM me when the weather breaks. Let me know when you want to buy one -- I know where a couple of new '07's are hiding. Decent price too.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Mailing List

All of you guys that live in the upstate NY area, if you want, PM me your email address. I'll put a mailing list together and send it out to you all. That will give us a back up when this board is down.

Sound like a good idea? I'm itching to ride so bad that it almost hurts! :D

·
Registered
708 Posts
Still here in Camillus and ready to ride when you are. PM me when the weather breaks. Let me know when you want to buy one -- I know where a couple of new '07's are hiding. Decent price too.
i'll be sure to do that, are they litre's? need that extra ooomph to haul my tubby ass around (especially if i'm fortunate enough to find some lil gal to ride pillion) :D

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
All of you guys that live in the upstate NY area, if you want, PM me your email address. I'll put a mailing list together and send it out to you all. That will give us a back up when this board is down.

Sound like a good idea? I'm itching to ride so bad that it almost hurts! :D
Hey now, board shouldn't be down any more. Damn pessimistic new yorkers. :cool:

Hows the lake effect been this year. I went up to syracuse to bang a girl back in the day and got stuck in 6 ft of lake effect. After that I made her come to me. :p

-GW

·
Registered
708 Posts
Hey now, board shouldn't be down any more. Damn pessimistic new yorkers. :cool:

Hows the lake effect been this year. I went up to syracuse to bang a girl back in the day and got stuck in 6 ft of lake effect. After that I made her come to me. :p

-GW
eh not so bad anymore, depends on where you are, i'm just east of syr and have only see a few inches at a time at most, go lil north towards tughill and thats an hourly rate :D there's occasional blows though

and we're not pessimists, we're pragmatic

·
Registered
100 Posts
i'll be sure to do that, are they litre's? need that extra ooomph to haul my tubby ass around (especially if i'm fortunate enough to find some lil gal to ride pillion) :D
One of them is a 1000 and, unless he sold it, it's in N. Syracuse.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts