StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought the Storm I thought it would just be my second bike, one that I would ride to work and use for short tirps around town. My primary ride is/was an 02 GL1800 but I am so impressed by this bike I may just ride it to the Honda Hoot this year instead of the wing. Now all I need is luggage and a center stand and I am ready to go.

ageist
04 Blue DL1000
02 Silver GL1800

B

·
0 Posts
I took a LONG demo on a Yellow wing and loved the way it handled. It was absolutey amazing that such a big bike could be that good in the twisties. I was about a week away from the Wing, when I saw the Yellow Strom. I took it for a spin and well....The GL is still in the showroom. I have the luggage and the centerstand. The luggage will swallow anything you need for your ride to the hoot and plenty more. Enjoy it. :D

P

·
0 Posts
Bundy,

Yes, a Gold Wing will handle and accelerate much better than a lot of people think. It's just that the typical GW rider is not usually inclined to push the beast. They'd rather coast along, chat on the CB, listen to some tunes - and they'll spend their money on chrome bits and decorative lights rather than performance/handling upgrades. If you ride with a GWRRA group, they'll spend much more time in parking lots (many restroom stops), and coffee shops, than actually riding. Been there, done that. The bike is very good, but the culture that accompanies it is focused on stuff that I soon grew bored with.

I think the V-Strom attracts a following that would rather ride than pose. And we do kinda like to grab a handful of throttle now and then...

But the really important thing is that you got a Yellow one! I know you'll enjoy it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts