StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just returned from LV with my '07 DL 1000. The bike performed in an excellent manner and I am now sure the right choice was made. Coming through the Mid West during the storm warnings was a treat but the Strom never missed a beat. (love the heated grips) Gas mileage was anywhere from 43 to 50...yes 50 mpg. (U.S. gallon) Amazing what an Easterly 50 MPH wind does for your fuel rating! I am 5'9" tall and installed the Madstad Windshield bracket before I even rode the bike. Thank you to this website for that piece of equipment. Next trip..East Coast next month!
Some advice though....try to stay away from travelling with HD and other Cruiser types... they just don't seem to keep up!
Gabby
Pics to follow soon.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
I also just returned from Vegas. Took a ride to the pacific coast first, down to San Fran. My buddy on his V-Star was always way behind on the twistys. Then we crossed the desert in 110F heat. The Wee was almost perfect. I'm going to have to change the seat and the bar position to improve the comfort factor.

7000km in 12 days. Before this trip never spent more than two hours on a road bike. Great Fun!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts