StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,
I just got back from the Suzuki dealer in my area. I'm about to to pull the trigger on a Wee Strom. I'm just waiting to look at a 2012 vs the 2011, of course the 2011 is less money and has a luggage deal, but I'm leaning a little toward the 2012.
I'm 68 yrs old and I've been riding since 1965, you'd think I'd know what I want by now. I have a 2010 Goldwing that I'll never part with, but I'm thinking that a Wee would be a lot of fun around the back roads of Maine. I like to do some Moto-Camping and I'm thinking the Wee might be just the ticket.
This is a great website and as soon as I get the new bike I'll become a supporter.........thanks for having me.............Dick :cool:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
It's always nice to have somebody older than me here. You've got me by two years but your memory is failing. You left the word "fart" out of the thread title.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did leave Fart out, see what happens when you get old, you forget....:headbang:

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
We say faht in New England, Pat. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Another sexagenarian here (no, the word is not NSFW, and anyone of our generation has to look up the meaning of that abbreviation). Stroms are fun!

I saw the 2012 Adventure version at the Seattle Motorcycle Show Saturday. This is the version in black with luggage. It must be Suzuki's only new model, 'cuz they had it on the rotating stage with spot lights. It looked good. I wish I'd had more time and the ability to get closer for a very good look.

My quick take is that if I didn't own a strom, I'd get the 2012. It has that many improved features. Because I already own a strom that I'm happy with ('07 650A), those features aren't improved enough to be worth trading. You can't go wrong either way.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Awesome - you have some great riding right on your doorstep!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Because I already own a strom that I'm happy with ('07 650A), those features aren't improved enough to be worth trading. You can't go wrong either way.
I want one anyway. Having a finished bike is a little boring.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Hi everybody,
I like to do some Moto-Camping and I'm thinking the Wee might be just the ticket.
Welcome to the group Trapper. I recognize your name from the Motocampers forum. I also 'upgraded' from a GL1800 to my DL650. You will not be disappointed.

Looking forward to your thoughts on the 2012 vs. 2011 wees.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts