StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, great site/board. I've been surfing the threads for about a week now and I'm addicted. So much information.

I bought a 2010 DL650 late last year, after many years without a bike. The riding season is pretty short here in the great white north, but I get out as much as I can in the time we have.

Looking forward to taking advantage of your knowledge and giving back as much as I can.

Thanks to the guy who started the board and all those who make it a great place.

gh

·
Administrator
13,917 Posts
Welcome aboard!

What part of Ontario are you in?

Im in Southern Ontario (GTA) north-east of Toronto. I ended my riding season in 2010 December 31st and started in 2011 January 1st. :)

..Tom

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fair weather rider

Hey Tom,

I should probably update my profile.

I'm over near Orangeville. I guess I'm a bit of a fair weather rider. I'll go out on a couple of nice days through the winter, if the roads are clear, just to get the bike out for a run. But, mostly I stick to the May - October months.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I know the Canadian riding season is short, but be glad you don't have 95 degree days in June like we're having down here.

You can learn a lot here. Tons of good people and information.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey bikefree, I used to do some work in Georgia... gets pretty damn hot.

Looks like we have something in common. One of my first bikes was a 1985 Nighthawk 750S... Nice smooth ride with the shaft drive. Sold it to my brother on condition that it got sold back to me when he was done with it. Never saw it again :furious:

·
Administrator
13,917 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I know the Canadian riding season is short, but be glad you don't have 95 degree days in June like we're having down here. ...
We had mid 80's here on Weds, and very humid.

..Tom

·
Registered
314 Posts
Welcome to the crew. Did you purchase one of the 2010 DL650s from Larry's? I was really considering the black one when I found my used one.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hey bikefree, I used to do some work in Georgia... gets pretty damn hot.

Looks like we have something in common. One of my first bikes was a 1985 Nighthawk 750S... Nice smooth ride with the shaft drive. Sold it to my brother on condition that it got sold back to me when he was done with it. Never saw it again :furious:
Loved the 700S, but family got in the way of riding. Give me a hollar next time you are in Georgia.

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
welcome

ha ha ...What V-Tom means is that he is a "fair" rider, and he does ride in any type of weather.

Seriously though, welcome.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I know the Canadian riding season is short, but be glad you don't have 95 degree days in June like we're having down here.

You can learn a lot here. Tons of good people and information.
Not that short, I ride daily all year long out here in the BC Rainforest.....
:thumbup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to the crew. Did you purchase one of the 2010 DL650s from Larry's? I was really considering the black one when I found my used one.
Picked mine up in Brampton. Let's just say Larry is not as easy to deal with.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not that short, I ride daily all year long out here in the BC Rainforest.....
:thumbup:
C'mon, BC doesn't really count as part of Canada, when it comes to the weather. That's like saying Quebec is... ah forget it, let's stick to bikes.

BC is awesome! Hope you have some good rain gear!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts