Very Nice:thumbup:
Mike

·
Registered
1,589 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I need to order one, just haven't decided on what holes I need. Yours looks really nice. It looks like you had to bend the wire cable holders out of the way of the shelf.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I need to order one, just haven't decided on what holes I need. Yours looks really nice. It looks like you had to bend the wire cable holders out of the way of the shelf.
It's my understanding that everybody that installs this shelf must either bend or remove the wire cable holders. Rick has a thread on another forum and you can see other panel configurations - all with re/moved wire guides.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If anybody is interested I uploaded a little journal showing the steps I took to assemble this panel. This should make it easier to duplicate the effort if anybody's interested in the same modification for their V-Strom.

·
Registered
302 Posts
It's my understanding that everybody that installs this shelf must either bend or remove the wire cable holders. Rick has a thread on another forum and you can see other panel configurations - all with re/moved wire guides.
I was able to install mine without bending any part of the cable holder. It depends on what you install on the left side of the shelf, and whether it interferes with the cable holder. I have a BMW-type Powerlet plug and it fits fine without any bending.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
You won't be dissapointed, I put his dash on in 06 or so, choose 2 outlets and the heads up voltage light as well.
It really cleaned it up ad all still works very well. I like the USB charger aand was wondering what that was.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was able to install mine without bending any part of the cable holder. It depends on what you install on the left side of the shelf, and whether it interferes with the cable holder. I have a BMW-type Powerlet plug and it fits fine without any bending.

Doesn't the bike pull to starboard with the snow shovel & hose reel hanging off the side??

OK seriously - what is the gold farkle in the center? It sure looks like a good one, whatever it is...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Doesn't the bike pull to starboard with the snow shovel & hose reel hanging off the side??

OK seriously - what is the gold farkle in the center? It sure looks like a good one, whatever it is...
Good eye, but it's the Christmas tree stand that's a real b*&$% in cross-winds! :biggrinjester:

The golden doohickey is a Scotts steering damper. It helps settle the bike in heavy cross-winds when you have a hose, snow shovel, and christmas tree stand hanging off the side.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts