StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say thank you to all who have offered suggestions or given me help on my journey. I recently decided that do to an extremely painful left hip problem I was no longer going to be able to get on or off of my V Strom so I traded it off. It became the down payment on a 2009 Harley Davidson FLHTC. I know there may be a blast from some but, at least I have a bike that I can get on and off of and will take me down the road to life's mysteries.

Again I say thanks guys and gals (Canadian) and it has been a pleasure being here.
Denny Kintner
aka Flint

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Please don't break up with us.... we can change, I swear! We can do way better... I can't believe you are leaving us for a Harley:yikes:

You're already gone...

Seriously, enjoy the new ride... now give us back our Strom.... :green_lol:

Wait a minute... I left too.... D'oh! :mrgreen:

Richard

·
Registered
116 Posts
It's important to be comfortable with whatever you ride, regardless of brand. Enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Good luck on your new ride.

The day may come when I have to look for a lower bike.

I see you have a Burgman 650 already. My wife had one and really loved it.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
Sometimes the Devil wins

You may not see much of the country but you will get all the Grandma's in leather halters you can handle.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Until they put a reverse gear in that thing, it may not really help too much with your situation.

Best of luck,

Norm

·
Boy talks too much....
588 Posts
Very ironic for me as I was noticing this morning that I'm banging up the grab rail on the left side from hitting it with my boot every time I mount up. Had a little more trouble than normal this am. Damn I hate getting old. NFW I'm going to the darkside. I may/do see another GW in my future though. Another couple of years.

·
Evolving Curmudgeon
1,119 Posts
I need younger friends.

·
$Whatever$
1,598 Posts
Getten old SUCKS..................

·
Registered
313 Posts
Getten old SUCKS..................
Getting old isn't so bad....it's the aches and pains that come along with it that suck!
Hell I just got a 10% discount on a rather large purchase last week because I am over 55. Membership has it's privileges.

Enjoy the new bike.I switched from a big heavy cruiser to the V-Strom because of back problems.I say ride whatever you can and stay in the game.

·
$Whatever$
1,598 Posts
Getting old isn't so bad....it's the aches and pains that come along with it that suck!
Hell I just got a 10% discount on a rather large purchase last week because I am over 55. Membership has it's privileges.

Enjoy the new bike.I switched from a big heavy cruiser to the V-Strom because of back problems.I say ride whatever you can and stay in the game.
That's what I ment.......... Just didn't find the words........

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Enjoy your new bike! You'll see plenty of the country on that Harley in comfort, if long distance travel is your intention. I did. (See my signature...) I just bought the VStrom 4 years ago.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Only until you get past the age when you're not so sure about that.
too true...they wheel you out in the morning and back in at night.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm waiting on a double hip replacement, a one hour ride is agony, more than that means trouble walking for a few days, but I'm not going to stop riding.
I've got a feeling the strom hasn't helped my hips.:headbang:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've got to lose 20 more pounds before they replace my right hip. I limp up to the bike with a cane, collapse the cane and stow it. Pull a cork block out of the tank bag use it as a step to mount the bike, pull it back up with the attached string. Mostly one legged stops, keeping the right foot on the peg.

Some stares when I dismount, unfold the cane and limp away.

Over three thousand painful miles this year, but gotta ride. When I am on the bike I am 30 again.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Good luck sir on your harley. You will love it. I love mine. It is every bit the motorcycle that your strom is only in different ways.

The new ones are top quality. Mine does not leak or burn oil. It shifts great. The maintenance is easier than the strom. It is rock solid when you take your hands off the bars. The belt drive is maintenance free...I have not even needed to retension mine yet. Parts are easier to get than the strom. Insurance will be the same. It carries its weight very well. It is plenty fast enough and you will never need a tach to ride it well.

My wheel chair will have handle bars when they ship me off to the old riders home. And knobby tires. My nurse will look like a body builder with a runners legs and will be trained in both wheelies and stoppies.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Good Luck. I sit here trying to convince myself not to do the exact same switch. I rented a heritage 3 weeks ago - an entire weekend over 1000 miles with no pain and 48 mpg. Bone stock. Or do I go the less selfish route and get the new Road Glide Ultra so the wife or one of the kids can ride along in uber comfort? Wish I could keep the Wee AND get the Harley. Got to buy the wife a Can Am Spyder RT first.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts