StromTrooper banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:thumbup:Open invitation: Come and see the brass monkey's - Camping on "Almadale" I am extending an invitation to Strom riders and their families to camp on our property for the June long weekend only. Camp on the banks of Beaury creek. Some of you have ridden thru the area before and have stayed at Urbenville and Woodenbong so you know what to expect.

Wether you come by bike and have a swag or tent and are solo or the family come by car/4x4 and camper trailer etc.

There will be a pit toilet, communal fire, gas BBQ and a base camp to explore the region either by bike or car either solo or in a group.

Also Leveuka 4x4 park is only 7kms away, or go for a walk up to the waterfalls - First fall is about 45 minutes walk and the second bigger falls is about 2.5hrs one way not for the faint hearted. We have 2 creeks on the propert 1 bordering the front of the property and 1 running thru the property.

We have a couple of horses on the property if you are keen to have a ride or alternativley BYO. We have a wide range of riding tracks on our property or we will use the neighbours.

Bring the camp ovens etc, it will be cool so come prepared. Self cater food and drinks etc or as Urbenville is only 8kms away you can order alcoholic drinks and even pizza etc from the Urbenville pub and Darryl will deliever the order or if the adults want to go into the pub he will come out and pick you up and drop you back off.

Stay for the night, stay the weekend, unwind and let the kids run wild. The kids can come for a ride on the tractor-trailer around the property. We have sheep, cattle and chooks etc introduce the kids to where the milk, eggs and the meat really comes from. If you live in the city and havent seen the stars for a while on a clear night who needs fire works, and if you have a guitar bring that along and entertain the troops.

Make a long long weekend of it and come and set up camp on friday 8th june.

Please RSVP by Friday 1st June or sooner:fineprint::hurray:. see you then.

Attachments

·
Registered
608 Posts
Tx for the invite, Brett. I was thinking June ... June, that's like ages away, but no, it's only a few weeks off.

Checked the calendar and see I've already pencilled in Horizons Unlimited, up at Dayboro. Aaargh.

Another time ...

Cheers,

·
Registered
99 Posts
Keen?

Hey Brett. Mate this sounds pretty good, I might even bring my car and bring the DR out??? If you do indeed have riding tracks.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Thats a very nice offer Whatsyaname.
Unfortunatly wont be able to come.

If you do it again sometime in summer we're there.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Thanks for the offer Brett, looks like a good weekend, unfortunately I already have other commitments on the long weekend.
I would also be interested if you were to do it again later in the year.
Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
808 Posts
Me too

Great offer and it looks like a nice property. We will be in the UK, it will probably be still colder in their summer. If you run it again later in the year etc. I would love to come out. Thanks.

Trevor

·
Registered
261 Posts
Sounds GREAT!

Gday Brett,
Can you give us the location of where this is? Will see if that weekend is free, hopefully I can make it.

Thanks,
Mike
:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
QB weekend offer

G'Day Brett,
Doesn't seem to have been much responce to the offer yet,is it still on. If its still open then the cheese & kisses and myself will be there. The bike might not come out to play but the walking shoes will or so I've been told.:thumbdown:
Wont get out there till the sat. and have to head of early mon. as I am on night shift that night.

Cheers Hugh

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Long weekend

G'Day Brett,
Doesn't seem to have been much responce to the offer yet,is it still on. If its still open then the cheese & kisses and myself will be there. The bike might not come out to play but the walking shoes will or so I've been told.:thumbdown:
Wont get out there till the sat. and have to head of early mon. as I am on night shift that night.

Cheers Hugh
Hugh yes it is still on, I think the cold and other plans have halted a mass invasion of strommers.

Yes bring walking shoes extra if you are keen you can walk up to the falls behind my place. We also have horses if you enjoy a ride. I will PM those who are definatley coming the address etc a week or 2 out.

Cheers

brett

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
June long weekend

Gday Brett,
Can you give us the location of where this is? Will see if that weekend is free, hopefully I can make it.

Thanks,
Mike
:thumbup:
Mike, I can confirm the weekend will go ahead as per comments in reply to Vman above.

Cheers

Brett

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you are coming

I would appreciate, If you are a definate please PM me with the day you will arrive etc before Friday 1 June. This will give me an indication if I need to get firewood or not and do some general clean up with the mower etc.

Cheers Brett

1 - 11 of 11 Posts