StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was planning a fun ride this weekend june 27, leaving almonte heading to the mighty K&P up to tatty hill road , then cross country ,all dirt road and trail . Ending up in ompah area, stopping at north of 7 for lunch then make our way back towards lavant station and ending up in Perth . Weather looks good for the weekend. Anyone wants to join us meeting at almonte timmies at 830 for coffee and riding at 9.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I wont be able to make it as I've already got a trip planned with a couple buddies with sport bikes but I would love to get the gpx track from you when you are done so I can try this out at some point :)

·
Registered
708 Posts
I'm scared to ride with you , after the angry lumberjack episode !

Alex
I can't make it this weekend, but I do need to know about the lumberjack.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What an awesome day! We went up the k and p till tatty hill road, then headed west on Barry lake road, down some new logging roads till we popped out on Alcol road and then eventually to ompah and over to plevna for lunch at North of 7, quick stop at the local bakery for some butter tarts ( really good). Up buckshot lake road to matawatchin road over to centiannal lake road to calabogie. Down 511 to tatlock road, quick visit to the tatlock quarry, across the mighty calafornia trail to bellemy road and a stop at timmies for an afternoon coffee. Fun day. The vstrom impresses me every time I come home on her after a rough day .

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
That sounds like a great route. I visit my parents in Ottawa every so often and would like to try it out. Do you think it's doable solo? (I.e. No one to help pick up the bike when it falls) or are there certain sections I ought to avoid if on my own?

What an awesome day! We went up the k and p till tatty hill road, then headed west on Barry lake road, down some new logging roads till we popped out on Alcol road and then eventually to ompah and over to plevna for lunch at North of 7, quick stop at the local bakery for some butter tarts ( really good). Up buckshot lake road to matawatchin road over to centiannal lake road to calabogie. Down 511 to tatlock road, quick visit to the tatlock quarry, across the mighty calafornia trail to bellemy road and a stop at timmies for an afternoon coffee. Fun day. The vstrom impresses me every time I come home on her after a rough day .

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That sounds like a great route. I visit my parents in Ottawa every so often and would like to try it out. Do you think it's doable solo? (I.e. No one to help pick up the bike when it falls) or are there certain sections I ought to avoid if on my own?
totally doable alone, where the bike is down we were just stopped and a guy decided to try a technical spot. thats when the bike went down. every where else was easy peasy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts