StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, it will be fathers day but if your family loves you they'll let you do something you'll actually enjoy. :yesnod:

Where:
Laurelville, OH corner of 180 and 56 at the gas station

When:
10 am meet up ride ASAP

What:
Twisties, gravel, dirt like substances but all roads so no single track. 130 miles total and a lunch stop at McClures in McArthur.

Well, the preride is done and the route is set. In case you don't know what a gravel rd looks like:

The cool part was meeting this guy. ;D

As some of you know HD's don't impress me, but this was a case of the rider makes the bike. He's 76 years old and isn't local. Nope, all the way from Fairbanks, Alaska and he's not done yet! Heading to North Carolina and then back to Ohio and then some more time around the coast before heading home. Bike has over 90,000mi. It was great chatting with him and we hope he has a great ride the whole time.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you decide to come please post up so I have an idea of the ride group size. I'll laugh if I am the largest bike there on the Dl1000 because in reality this is a very easy ride. There will be on section at the end that will even look like it might be challenging because the road is also a dry creek bed. If it rains for the next three days down there we might get our feet wet.

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Do you have an anticipated finish time? The folks are in town and I'm not sure what the schedule is yet. Looks like fun though!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have an anticipated finish time? The folks are in town and I'm not sure what the schedule is yet. Looks like fun though!
Well, for the preride we left at 10:30, did lunch, had many turn arounds and still finnished up around 4:30. Most of the end of the ride is loops north and south of 56 and would allow anyone who wants to leave early get back to Laurelville easily. However, I would caution people that some of the toughest and most fun sections are also in these loops. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
I'm out. My folks will heading back to Fla and we're having a Father's day get together lunch cook-out.

Have fun!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm out. My folks will heading back to Fla and we're having a Father's day get together lunch cook-out.

Have fun!
Sounds like it will be me and a bunch of KLR riders. Oh well, I'm cool with being the biggest bike on the block. :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts