StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've seen the videos on YouTube of a couple of guys getting some air while riding their V-Stroms over small jumps on a track or over a hill.

Have you actually jumped your bike (on purpose) and lived to post about it?

Fess up. I want to hear the gorey details. :jawdrop:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Heck no, I just pulled my first ever wheelie this weekend... accidentally. Though I did get a Buell Cyclone airborne over a steep railroad crossing on a factory sponsored test ride a few years back. The chaser from the factory waggled his finger at me :oops:

·
Registered
818 Posts
The term "airborne" would be pushing it, but I did whack the throttle going up a small ramp into a parking lot the other day and I did get enough "air" for the RPM`s to scream for a split second. Does that count? I know my front was about 2-3" and that back enough to let it tach out. I call it baby air!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I live in SF. It might be fun to be a complete hooligan every now and then and go jumping a few specific intersections. Of course, that's illegal and reckless, I'd never do that.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in SF. It might be fun to be a complete hooligan every now and then and go jumping a few specific intersections. Of course, that's illegal and reckless, I'd never do that.
Well next time you wouldn't, please take a photo and post it of you not ever doing that.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
There's a little rise in the road near me that you can get air off of easy, I've done it several times. I'd be lying if I said I got anymore than 6-8" in the air, but it feels like you're in the clouds when a Vee leaves terra firma. Scary, but really unless you do something stupid it comes right back down and keeps going.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, i bought a wee last week, used 08 w/ 3500 on the odo, completely stock. coming from an enduro/ mx background, i had to see its dirtworthiness. Considering its weight, i was very impressed on some local dirtbike trails. Jumped it probably 20 times, getting no more than 3 ft up in the air. while it's no jumper, it can be aired out a lil. try it, and STAND UP WHEN YOU DO IT! And the live to tell about it guy, c'mon, are you serious?!:yesnod:

·
Registered
2,496 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
She can jump

She jumps quite nicely, in fact, getting air feels very natural for this bike. It's the way she lands that is confidence inspiring. Before changing out the suspension, bottoming out the suspension freaked me out, but now, she feels like an overweight dirtbike.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Nope. Not me. While I may attack a set of twisties like a man with a death-wish, I've never been one to "get air"...hell, come to think of it, I don't even wheelie. Now...let's head to The Dragon for some real fun. :mrgreen:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Are you kidding?!?!?

If my mom caught me, she'd make me sell the bike.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts