StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if any one else would like to get together and ride some of the roads in the Ohio Ride Guide. My thoughts are to meet for breakfast, then head out for the day and hit a few of the roads covered in the Ohio Ride Guides. I am thinking some where around the 21st of JULY. I have got a few things going before then so this would be about the first weekend really open for me.
Most of the roads are south or east. This may be a good opportunity for the north and south to meet up again and do some riding together.
I wanted to get this out early so everyone interested could make plans to attend.
Post your thoughts and we can kick around a route and times.

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
I think this is a wonderful idea but unfortunately I am in Florida that weekend. Maybe next time.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
I'm a possible, let me know if the date firms up, at this time I'm working but could trade it.

Kyle

·
Administrator
17,094 Posts
I am very interested.....just need to work it out with the wife.:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
I've got my calendar marked!

·
Registered
704 Posts
I'll be there, unless some act of God happens.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
I think this is a wonderful idea but unfortunately I am in Florida that weekend. Maybe next time.
What...are they letting you visit the trophies??? :twisted: :)

j/k!!!!! I couldn't resist!

·
Registered
170 Posts
That might work for me... Pretty much any given weekend I can ride up to NEO (folks live south of Y-Town, so Akron/Canton is a 20-30 minute jog if I'm up there visiting)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Where is the starting point in Ohio?

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where is the starting point in Ohio?
As of yet, it is undecided. I wil be making some notes as to ride routes and find a place near the start point for breakfast.
I hope to have some ideas by Monday evening as I am buisy this weekend.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I will try, my schedule at work has changed and I now have wed/thurs off :( Good for bike nights though. Anyone interested in the Lube next week?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Has anyone ridden Ohio Route 9, south of 171? Excellent ride. You can continue on to 43 south, and it is also excellent... lots of twisties, in rolling hills. I was down there riding yesterday, and it was a lot of fun.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey GrayStrom... I grew up in the area around Guilford Lake State Park... southern Mahoning county/Columbiana county. Rt.9, Rt.30, Rt.172, Rt.7, etc are fairly fun routes. As well as a ton of roads between Youngstown and Pittsburgh area.

When I am visiting my parents, to come back to CMH, I'll take back roads to 172, 172 into east canton... from there I jump 30 for a bit (slab) but then find a back road to work my way over to Mohican valley and Rt.3 south. Fun trip, usually.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Sounds like fun.
I live on the far east side of Portage, just north of the Trumbull / Mahoning / Portage area. (north of Milton). I've been exploring more and more of the roads to the southeast and found it to be pretty nice riding- good pavement, fast sweepers, etc. I particularly like the stretch on 9 between 171 and Carrollton.
Have you ever ridden route 45 South from 11 to Wellsville? I've read that it's pretty wild. I haven't gotten the courage up yet, but maybe by the end of summer I will take a trip over there.
Any suggestions you might have for the Youngstown to Pittsburgh area, I would love to hear them. I don't really know my way around that area. Always looking for a good ride.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts