StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Me too, Lou.

Look forward to seeing you guys. Earlier the better. I hate to get rained on 100 miles from home. :D

Rod

·
Registered
852 Posts
I'll be working at Seminole Community College teaching a Basic Rider Course. Hope to be finished up around 2 PM. Where might y'all be as I would love to meet with you.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Well, we meet at about 10 am, get on the road whenever, it's about 45 miles 'til we stop for lunch, then another 45 miles to the end. We'd be getting into Gurrant Park around 1 pm maybe?

I'm not married to the schedule though, if everyone wants we could shift the start time a little later so we wind up in Umatilla after 2. I went with 10 am because I figured it's a good compromise between starting early enough to beat the rain, but late enough to give people time to travel to the meeting place.

·
Registered
725 Posts
SCC is in Sanford, right? Well, isn't it about an hour to Sanford from Umatilla? We could meet you somewhere. Maybe after stopping at the park, anyone that's still up for it can continue on to Sanford. I'll be going home that way anyway (HWY 46 to I4 & 417) so it's not out of my way at all.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Guys, I'd love to be there riding with you tomorrow, but family in town. My little brother from Illinois has decided that July is a good time to visit Florida. I really want to be 2 places at once, but have not yet mastered that trick yet, close, but not mastered. See all next trip.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
See ya next time, Jim. It's about time you guys host a "Home" game. I hope you've had a good summer.

Is anyone on here from the Tallahassee area? I know that area a little. Madison up to Georgia or down to the lighhouse thru the wildlife refuge are very cool.

Rod

·
Registered
725 Posts
Alright, I guess I'll see you all 10 am in Leesburg. Counting myself, looks like we have 3 'Stroms, possibly a 4th, and a friend of mine on an 1150GS.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Way to go Jet Jaguar!!! Great ride, great lunch. I logged a smidge over 300 and didn't get wet until about 3 miles from home.

See you guys next time!

Rod

·
Registered
852 Posts
Yep, the SCC campus is actually in Lake Mary off of Lake Mary Blvd.

I'll be there from 7 AM to about 2 PM. Would love to get together and ride with y'all!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Yep, the SCC campus is actually in Lake Mary off of Lake Mary Blvd.

I'll be there from 7 AM to about 2 PM. Would love to get together and ride with y'all!

·
Registered
725 Posts
The ride worked out pretty good. The rain held off, and we had a good sized group. See you all next month!

·
Registered
852 Posts
How about if we put something together for the March time frame?

The weather is great, the numbered roads are open and no 'Strom will have to worry about being some drunk hunter's trophy!

There's a decent campground just outside of Paisley, Clearwater Lake with hot shower facilities and $8 a night camping.

Let me know and I'll start putting some routes together.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
What's the sport in that fl_strom? :shock: :D How about a little wintry mix or hurricane party? :shock: :D March is a long ways off. :D

We had a great time. Nice riding up there.

Rod

·
Registered
852 Posts
I get to ride many of the roads on a daily basis on my commute. One of my favorites continues to be 44A-south. Not to be confused with the 44A-east. Matter of fact, trust me on this, I'm not making this up, there is an intersection of 44A and 44A. One runs north / south, the other east / west. Guess the local DOT boys kind of like the 44A name?

Heck, up in Umatilla we have 3 450's! One on the southside, one on the northside and one heading west towards Ocala - named Ocala Street.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts