Strom Trooper banner

What do you think of the joe rocket ballistic 8.0?

• Its great, the cat's meow, the cows teats

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Works, but nothing special

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Weak Sauce Yo

• Suitable for wiping behind

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right place fo rthis but couldnt find a gear review spot...

Just bought this:
joe rocket ballistic 8.0 (only $140)

from New Enough or as they are known now motorcyclegeardotcom

Some fairly serious waterproof claims and a killer price. Was wondering if anyone has one and what they think.

If this is the wrong place please move where it belongs Mr Admin :yesnod:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I don't know about the 8.0 but I have the 7.0 which claim to be 100% waterproof but that is a technicality. They have a zip in rain liner inside. The pants themselves aren't waterproof at all without the liner so they will get soaked, but in theory uou will stay dry inside the liner.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that doesn't inspire a great deal of confidence. I hope they improved for the 8.0 or I may be sending it back...

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
Not sure if this is the right place fo rthis but couldnt find a gear review spot...
Product reviews would seem to be a perfect place.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have there Hemp Jacket and have been very pleased with, especially for the price paid. It just isn't suitable for Oregon winters.
I'll probably give the 8.0 a solid testing this winter and if it doesn't hold up worry about something new next year.

cannot comment on 8.0, JR lost me as a customer with 5.0 (stitching)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jacket got it first real test today. Massive downpour with supporting gusts of wind made my ride in to work pretty miserable. My pants were literally soaked through, water streaming into my boots, my shirt was bone dry.
The only part of my abdomen that got wet was right at the waist were the jacket comes up a bit in the middle to allow you to sit.
Very pleased with the jacket in rain, very mad at myself for not wearing rain pants.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts