StromTrooper banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier today I received the Lower fairing for my new 650 V-Strom and could not be more delighted with the purchase. The quality of workmanship, design and appearance far exceeded my expectations.
Attached are photographs.

Attachments

·
Registered
657 Posts
That is a very, very nice look.

Got "sliders" on your farkle list?

·
$Whatever$
1,599 Posts
That looks great.......

·
Registered
146 Posts
Earlier today I received the Lower fairing for my new 650 V-Strom and could not be more delighted with the purchase. The quality of workmanship, design and appearance far exceeded my expectations.
Attached are photographs.
Where did you purchase from and how much? Did it come painted?

·
Registered
78 Posts
That looks great, get frame sliders!

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Wow, the JVM guys were really quick to build a fairing for the new bike. It's really trick, and, you won't see yourself riding by anytime soon with that setup!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Responding to questions

The lower fairing was purchased directly from JMV Concept in France. You can contact them by email using the information on their web site. My purchase was delayed a little as it was their first one in Metallic Fox Orange. Their sales contact Alexia was very helpful in working all of this out with me including the instructions for payment which had to be in EURO's and made by bank wire transfer or Western Union.

The installation instructions are in French but with the aid of illustrations provided, a close inspection of the furnished hardware, and excellent fit up, the installation went well and not at all difficult. The coverage of the pieces does not lend itself to installation of sliders and certainly rules out off road riding as the ground clearance is rather low.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Lower fairing

Very slick-looking. Nice installation. Does it perchance provide any lower body protection? Just askin. Looks great regardless.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very slick-looking. Nice installation. Does it perchance provide any lower body protection? Just askin. Looks great regardless.
I am not sure of which body you refer. The machine does now have some shielding from the elements and would protect from small objects. It certainly does not have the impact protection of a good skid plate. Access to the oil filter is not a problem for service. If you are referring to operator shielding, there is no improvement other than to offer some barrier between the rider and engine and the front exhaust pipe. I am not sure about the impact to heat flow around the riders legs as the weather here has warmed considerably from the time of installation. I do notice some heat, primarily on the right side, but would need to ride an unfaired machine, back-to-back in hot weather, to meaningfully comment of this.

Bert

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
What is the cost in US dollars for this fairing? $399? $589?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts