StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
One of my neighbors has Jesse bags on his Triumph Tiger800 and he absolutely loves them. Very well built. He put rechargable LED light strips(from Home Depot) in the lids, they work well.

·
Premium Member
4,664 Posts
They are really terrific

I had to carry for two on our 3 week west coast trio and they were wonderful. Handy hooks on top too for those camping. BTW the rack on the kid's Shad topcase was wonderful for drying clothes.

Nice tuck in spot for spare fuel too on the Jesse'
Company is super responsive as well....but $$

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,190 Posts
Jesse bags are pretty much the standard others are judged by. They are also a good indicator of the owners income bracket!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,664 Posts
fortunately mine came with the bike for $4500 for a 2010 abs in 2015
Had no need for the Jesse capacity.

Sold it for $3800 in 2016 ...missed it ...bought another with factory side cases for $2250 ( high mileage 93k km ) ....sold that for $2250 a year later with even HIGHER mileage ( 120k km )

Aside from a stator ...Vstroms have been bulletproof for me.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
I studied all the pannier systems for months and had it narrowed down to between Jesse and Bumot for my Yamaha.

I will advise that Jesse is under new ownership now. This could mean the quality/service/whatever has changed.

·
5,190 Posts
I will advise that Jesse is under new ownership now. This could mean the quality/service/whatever has changed.
That will be something to follow. They probably got to the retirement age! But, there are cases where the right people took over and all was well. Or not, such as with Gerbings!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Saw a facebook post in one of the V-Strom groups yesterday from a guy who sells some very reasonably priced handmade powder coated aluminum cases. He has regular and slim side cases and a top case.

I have no affiliation or first hand knowledge of his products, but I think his stuff is worth investigating. Facebook page is S O L O B O X. *HERE* is his youtube channel. Eric Nolan 360-840-7139.

·
Registered
14,236 Posts
Perhaps not. Your line of inquiry makes for some great posts though. :grin2:
I like Ricks mention of the state of the wallet!

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I am guessing the answer to my question is no.

Is there something in particular you are looking for in regards to the XT? I just got a set for my 2012 DL650 and will be finishing install very soon (had to order rack hardware parts from Jesse) Would be glad to help with questions/photos etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was looking for information on how an owner liked the mounting system. Since then I have called Jesse to buy racks and was told that they don't build anything for "that type of bike" anymore.

·
5,190 Posts
To be clear, Jesse may not be making Jesse racks to fit the Jesse bags onto V Stroms any longer. Their bags are all the same, made to fit all their racks. But they can be adapted to other brands of racks. Guys have bought used Jesse bags and adapted them to weird combinations before. They are, or at least were, considered to be the ultimate aluminum side cases for adventure touring.

Sounds like the company has changed ownership. Which is rarely a good thing......

·
Registered
54 Posts
Having spent a lot of money on bike specific panniers, I have since switched to a pair or non bike specific panniers which I have used on my last 4 bikes. All I needed to buy were SW Motech quick release panniers frames which accommodate a variety of other panniers from Givi, SW Motech, etc.. I put them on with 1/4 turn fasteners and remove them quickly when I don't need them and this allows me to keep my panniers and use them on a variety of different bikes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts