StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I had been eyeballing new bikes after owning used all my life (and with alot of prompting from a long time friend), and held off all of 02, with the strom at the top of the list. I'd considered the FZ-1, Bandit 1200 etc., and thought the strom would be a top heavy behemoth being so tall. On Dec 31st I snagged a yellow 03 on year end clearance, and I have to say I really love it overall. I've run the gamut of Yamaha enduros, RD's, sportbikes etc, and currently still have an 800 Shadow. This is the bike for me, and I'm working on the "sport touring" type enhancements now. I have put over 5k miles on it already, and project about 11k+ before summer even kicks in (I ride 180+ miles a day to/from work). Take care,
This board rocks,
Jerry B - Hemet CA

·
Registered
5 Posts
Updated User Name & Profile

Hey all,
I had been eyeballing new bikes after owning used all my life (and with alot of prompting from a long time friend), and held off all of 02, with the strom at the top of the list. I'd considered the FZ-1, Bandit 1200 etc., and thought the strom would be a top heavy behemoth being so tall. On Dec 31st I snagged a yellow 03 on year end clearance, and I have to say I really love it overall. I've run the gamut of Yamaha enduros, RD's, sportbikes etc, and currently still have an 800 Shadow. This is the bike for me, and I'm working on the "sport touring" type enhancements now. I have put over 5k miles on it already, and project about 11k+ before summer even kicks in (I ride 180+ miles a day to/from work). Take care,
This board rocks,
Jerry B - Hemet CA

I was off the boards for awhile (still have the strom though) so most of my original accounts/posts/galleries were deleted.
I racked up 34k in 10 months (2004) and only 5k in the last 3 years, but have recently started the modification/personalization process again after putting it on hold. I am planning 3 trips (the chosen 1 will depend of amount of time off for the trip) for 2009, so I'm modifying for convenience/comfort features towards that goal.

I moved from Hemet back to Ridgecrest CA in 4/05 after retiring from the USN. Traded alot of great riding areas for some other great riding areas but I do miss that whole area a bit.

Anyway, great to see the Vstrom forums/groups more popular than ever.

Jerry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts