StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok kiddies, I am off to the great white North, got the bike packed and a roaming agenda. My plan is to make it to Cabot trail if I can get time away from the family. It's been two years so that may not wash. I plan to ride nearly all mountain chains from here to there. Have fun in the land of the sun.

Clem

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Cabot trail. A worthy destination:yesnod:. If you make it to Cape North on the Trail, try to take the time to go on a whale watch boat. 3 of the best hours you can spend if you like to see nature in it's finest. There was a motel just South of the Cape too. Good spot & moto friendly.

·
$Whatever$
1,599 Posts
Good luck to ya...............

·
Registered
101 Posts
Clem's adventure

Keep us "in the loop" regarding your latest adventure.

>>>>>>>>We're all looking forward to trip updates>>>>>>>>>>

Barry

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cabot trail. A worthy destination:yesnod:. If you make it to Cape North on the Trail, try to take the time to go on a whale watch boat. 3 of the best hours you can spend if you like to see nature in it's finest. There was a motel just South of the Cape too. Good spot & moto friendly.
thanks Bob, I am hoping the weather holds, the battery was acting a little funny, but maybe it was nothing. I am Georgia now, had to work today, but a fast 400 none the less

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keep us "in the loop" regarding your latest adventure.

>>>>>>>>We're all looking forward to trip updates>>>>>>>>>>

Barry
Thanks Barry, I will try and update, this computer and me have to have a little understanding, or the posting will be minimal. I am sure the sights will be grand. Now if the weather holds out it will be a hit.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"The North"... you almost got me there. Have a safe trip.
OK, Alrighty you win the North thing. I have lived in the South so long everyplace around me is North. I hope to make it your neck of the woods someday. But for now, it will have to be the Northeast.

Clem

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
thanks Bob, I am hoping the weather holds, the battery was acting a little funny, but maybe it was nothing. I am Georgia now, had to work today, but a fast 400 none the less
There is a new battery waiting for you at every Wallmart:yesnod: How old is it?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to Canada, just watch the radar patrols in Canada, I was let off in Nova Scotia. peewhewww it was a close call. Nice cop on a bike. Gave me the lecture about speeding, it was one of those times where I was driving the speed limit the whole time I was in NS, except when I was clocked trying to get infront of a truck so I could see the street signs at the approching intersection.(I know..weak story, but true).

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There is a new battery waiting for you at every Wallmart:yesnod: How old is it?
The battery is 5 years old, so it owes me nothing. I did not replace it last night, and went with luck, and so far, it has started. But that is not like me, I usually replace it at first blush. The weather was good today, but rain is what NOAA says for tomorrow. I hope to be riding in White mountains on monday, possibly with pictures if I have any luck.

happy trails,

Clem

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome to Canada, just watch the radar patrols in Canada, I was let off in Nova Scotia. peewhewww it was a close call. Nice cop on a bike. Gave me the lecture about speeding, it was one of those times where I was driving the speed limit the whole time I was in NS, except when I was clocked trying to get infront of a truck so I could see the street signs at the approching intersection.(I know..weak story, but true).
I got a warning today, he flashed me facing away from me, yikes, radar from the rear. I was 10 over, so I slowed it right down fast, and he left me alone.

I try to behave for the most part though.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Clem, have a great trip! If nothing else, it should be a lot cooler up there.
I just spoke with the forward party and it has been in the fifties at night! Yikes, I am a big big wuss when it gets cold, so rest assured all the extra gear is going on the jacket tomorrow for sure. Two huge accidents today on I81, took some incredible backroads 220 North through SC, NC, VA. In PA tonight, NH is slated for tomorrow, with lots of mountains planned.

Clem

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Frog Stranglers Annonymous

Well, it's official, just got in from 570 miles of soaked to the bone riding. It was the wettest day I've ever ridden and I never want to ride that wet again. Had on all the clothes that I brought with me, it was cold to boot. They say one more day of wet weather, then it's sunny skies. There is an incredible 100 year old covered bridge where I am staying in NH, and I will try and snap a few shots of it tomorrow. Right now, I am drying out everything I own before leaving tomorrow.

until tomorrow...

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What were you wearing for raingear?
Just got reconnected today for tonight, I was wearing Kilimanjaro /tpg gear, overall pants bone dry, just cold felt like wet, the jacket however did not do so well, and was soaked through. I did not expect it to hold dry though, I mean the weather was very wet, torrential(12 hours worth), I am sure no gear would be dry.

I toured Bar Harbor, but could not find black labs number until today. I will be here over night, then I will head to western Maine, or possibly North. The family expects me to spend time in Lew town, so Canada is out for this trip. Rangley Lakes is slated for Saturday.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts