StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
http://auto.sears.com/Product.htm?catalogId=10624&productId=2022700&prdNo=3&blockNo=3&blockType=G3

$32.49 for Medium
$42.49 for Large

If I didn't already have one mounted to my Wee, I'd be placing an order myself.

Just thought some other members would appreciate the heads-up.
Thanks for the heads up. What a deal.

I paid $256. for my CooCase including the mount. The differences are the CooCase has running and brake lights, LED, but very wimpy. It does have a remote open/close feature and alarm feature which is handy though. But no backrest.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I mounted mine to the stock rack, but ended up having to drill a couple holes in the new mounting plate of the rack to do it.

I took the stock rack off and drilled through the rubber pad in three places. Then I ran bolts through those holes and into the rack that comes with this case.

I then drilled holes in the new rack to access the stock mounting bolts for the stock rack.

First I attached the racks together and then used the four stock bolts to re-mount the racks onto the bike.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I mounted mine to the stock rack, but ended up having to drill a couple holes in the new mounting plate of the rack to do it.

I took the stock rack off and drilled through the rubber pad in three places. Then I ran bolts through those holes and into the rack that comes with this case.

I then drilled holes in the new rack to access the stock mounting bolts for the stock rack.

First I attached the racks together and then used the four stock bolts to re-mount the racks onto the bike.
:worthless:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Now I know where mine came from. It was on the V when I bought it last summer and has provided pretty good service. Actually, it is surprisingly good for a trunk that costs under $50. I've only detached it once to look at the mounting rack.

I'll be replacing it though with a aluminum one when I install my Happy Trails bags in June.

·
Registered
204 Posts
http://auto.sears.com/Product.htm?catalogId=10624&productId=2022700&prdNo=3&blockNo=3&blockType=G3

$32.49 for Medium
$42.49 for Large

If I didn't already have one mounted to my Wee, I'd be placing an order myself.

Just thought some other members would appreciate the heads-up.
Thanks boroop,
I broke the hinges on one of mine that I had side mounted. I was bringing home a frozen turkey and accidentally let the lid drop and the weight of the big bird snapped off a hinge. I had originally bought 3 Larges at JC Whitney for about $50 each. JC Whitney is currently selling them for about $90 each including shipping. I just ordered one from Sears for about $50 including shipping. Thanks for the heads up. I know these aren't the highest quality, but I have used and abused them for two years and have been very happy with them.
Thanks,
TheBlade

·
Registered
42 Posts
:worthless:
Yeah, pictures would help! I am a Vstrom newbie and never had hard luggage on a bike before.
the bike I just got (07 1000) has a top case but no saddle bags or rack.
I ordered two of the medium ones from Sears but currently have no idea how a hard case attaches. I think I need to get the Givi Pl528 rack but I really don't know. Maybe it will be clear when the bags get here in the next few days.

Pictures on how to cleanly mount would be greatly appreciated!

PS, I am planning on mounting the 2 med Sears boxes on the sides.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I've had mine for 2 years and I'm in and out of it constantly. The only issue I've had is that the limiting straps to keep the lid from opening too far broke. Otherwise.....:thumbup:

·
Registered
628 Posts
I mounted mine with no drilling or modifications. I did have to go to the hardware store and buy four shorter bolts, but that cost less than a buck. It took some effort to get the holes to line up, but once I did it was simple enough to get the universal plate bolted on and then slide the trunk on the plate.

I didn't like the orange trip around the front of mine, so I pulled it off and painted it black.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I mounted mine with no drilling or modifications. I did have to go to the hardware store and buy four shorter bolts, but that cost less than a buck. It took some effort to get the holes to line up, but once I did it was simple enough to get the universal plate bolted on and then slide the trunk on the plate.

I didn't like the orange trip around the front of mine, so I pulled it off and painted it black.

Looks great, thanks for the mounting detail as well as the pictures. I think you just sold me.

How is that Orange strip affixed to the box and what is it made of? Is it just a plastic reflector?

Do you remember the size of bolts that you purchased? No drilling right? You just had to finagle the mounting plate to line up with what on the DL's rear rack?

Last but not least, is the the large or the medium?

Thanks!

Toad suck!? What the ....:confused:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just ordered this trunk. Does anyone know if this trunk comes with a mounting plate?

Thanks!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yeah, pictures would help! I am a Vstrom newbie and never had hard luggage on a bike before.
the bike I just got (07 1000) has a top case but no saddle bags or rack.
I ordered two of the medium ones from Sears but currently have no idea how a hard case attaches. I think I need to get the Givi Pl528 rack but I really don't know. Maybe it will be clear when the bags get here in the next few days.

Pictures on how to cleanly mount would be greatly appreciated!

PS, I am planning on mounting the 2 med Sears boxes on the sides.
I mounted the LG cases on SW-Motech racks using carriage bolts on the bottom and drilled holes on the top with aluminum flat bar. Added some weather stripping to make a tight seal:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts