StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.......on page 10 & 11 have first real article I've seen on the bike , specifically mentioning HP and Torque. New 1000 makes 99.2 HP and 76lb-ft of Torque. Up from 95.5 and 74.5 respectively. Max torque now at 4,000 RPM from 6,400 RPM as well. Says it is 18 pounds lighter than the previous , but mentioned only a 5.3 gallon gas tank. Some of the high lights. I usually am the last to know things , if this is old news , sorry.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Cool...the most meaningful number there is the much lower peak torque RPM. Sounds like it's gonna be a quite 'grunty'! :)

Unauthorized communication sent from isolation ward

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No , it was just a spec article.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
No , it was just a spec article.
Got turned on to Rider magazine three years ago when I got into motorcycling. I was given a load of old ones, and it helped me to quickly get up to speed in this sport. I was very impressed with all aspects of this magazine, and have a long term subscription. When I first saw the Vee2 article, I got excited. I quickly realized that it was just a spec. article. I am sure that Rider will be doing a full article on the Vee2 including a test ride as soon as they are able.

Two weeks till the motorcycle show in NYC, can't wait:hurray:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Always be careful what you read in such articles. They are mostly just re-worded press releases.

The article states "Fuel capacity remains 5.3 gallons," suggesting the capacity did not change. In fact, it's a half-gallon less than it used to be.

JET

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gosh , if it was a press release reprint , they could have at least fudged the HP # to make us all smile , don't you think?:mrgreen:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts