Strom Trooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am finally getting around to posting some pictures from my cross country trip from back in May. This is only a small snippet, All 800+ photos are available here if anyone wants to spend the time to sift through them all: 2016 Cross Country Bike Trip by Tony Martinez | Photobucket

Mobile, AL

New Orleans

That time I fell into the Mississippi Rivier trying to take a picture with my cell phone

That time i ran out of gas on a "farm to market" road in Texas... it was 13 miles to the nearest gas station!

Paris, TX

Chasing the sun in Texas

Wind Farm

Garden of the Gods, Colorado

DSC_0357_zpsr2kwsu5a.jpg Photo by SuperSportCB750F | Photobucket

Pikes Peak

That time my buddy crashed into a snow bank going down Pike's Peak

Headed toward Gunnison, CO

We happened to land in Silverton, CO on the day of the Grand Re-Opening of the Grand Imperial Hotel. The whole town was partying

My buddy talking bikes with the Sheriff

We hit some snow on Hwy 550

Four Corners

Monument Valley

Antelope Canyon

Bryce Canyon

·
Super Moderator
16,723 Posts
What a great adventure, and your riding bud is one tough dude making a trek like that on a little Ninja. :surprise:

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Awesome post with great pics!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
You guys took an awesome route. I was almost expecting a straight shot using interstates across the deserts of west Texas and southern NM and AZ.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What a great adventure, and your riding bud is one tough dude making a trek like that on a little Ninja. :surprise:
Totally agree. I mean most people think it's a great feat to ride across America. But for him to do it on a 250, that took some serious cojones.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You guys took an awesome route. I was almost expecting a straight shot using interstates across the deserts of west Texas and southern NM and AZ.
No sir. We took back roads for 95% of it. We only took 3 interstates: I-10 from home to Destin beach (boring ride I've done before), I-25 from Raton, NM to Colorado Springs (there is no good alternative) and I-15 from Utah into ) Las Vegas (again, no good alternative).

Staying off the interstate made the ride a million times more enjoyable. I met more people, stopped in weird towns, and ate unique things (like deep fried alligator legs in mississippi).

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts