StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new FirstGear jacket. I ordered it online. It fits snug, especially in the arms. Should a riding jacket fit like this or should it be looser? If I take the liner out it fits a bit looser.

·
Registered
464 Posts
the arms are supposed to be snug so that the armor does not move while you are sliding after falling off the bike.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Snug, but not tight. I prefer to have enough room to be able to add a layer, if necessary, in addition to the liner (if any) some jackets have adjustable straps on the arms for just this purpose. A snug fit, especially in the forearm/wrist area also helps prevent the jacket riding up your arm in the case of unanticipated encounters with the asphalt. My current jacket, a JR Meteor (5.0 or 6.0 or something like that), while far from perfect (the nylon material is less than ideally thick) has a nice solution for this, with a velcro adjuster at the wrist to get the fit right, as well as a zippered closure to allow getting the jacket on and off. I do wish it also had cinch straps on the body, however, to minimize ballooning. Somewhere out there is the perfect jacket, but I haven't tried it on, yet.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
If you can't put your arms down, it's just right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts