StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hooked up my J&M 2003 CB along with my Zumo and everything worked great. I couldn't have been happier with the system, listening to music through the GPS, bike-bike communications, etc. Then yesterday I get on the bike to run some errands and wham-Alternator whine in my ears.

Nothing has changed to make it happen that I can find. Just worked one day, the next it didn't. I tried tightening all connections that didn't work. Then I isolated the problem. It's through the Zumo. When the Zumo isn't hooked up, no whine. Still frustrating...nothing that I can tell changed from one day to the next to make it start.

Any help would be more than appreciated. Thanks

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
A weak part of the Zumo system is the cradle. The contact system is prone to problems. Some people have had luck flooding the contact area with contact cleaner but replacement of the cradle is what worked for me. Garmin is aware of the problem and took back the old unit so all I had to pay for was shipping it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cleaned up the cradle to no avail. Ended up at a local car radio place, they tried a bunch of stuff including moving the noise filter from the J&M to include the Zumo as well. It made a difference. It's almost tolerable. They called me back and said there is a specific filter I need? Alright I'll bite...$26 bucks might be worth it. They hosed me for the initial sit down, so we'll see what it does. I was going to live with it, but then I thought why should I? Thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts