StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a pair of the J.C. Whitney side cases, and they come with an Iron Cross placard on them. I am NOT an Iron Cross kind of girl, and wanted to find something to replace the damn things.

Tonight I figured it out.

I happened to have bought some 3M Black Scotchlite tape and was playing around with it when it occured to me it'd be a perfect replacement for the ugly, ugly cross.

You can peel the cross placard off pretty easily, and just use it as a pattern for the Scotchlite. Easy to do, and it looks great. Black by day, bright white at night.

The black Scotchbrite is really neat stuff. It's all over my helmets now, and you can hardly notice it in the daytime. Shine a light on it and wham, bright reflection.

Thought you wanna know...:)

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
where?

I happened to have bought some 3M Black Scotchlite tape and was playing around with it when it occured to me it'd be a perfect replacement for the ugly, ugly cross.
The black Scotchbrite is really neat stuff. It's all over my helmets now, and you can hardly notice it in the daytime. Shine a light on it and wham, bright reflection.
Where'd you buy it, Janice?

-Peter

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where'd you buy it, Janice?

-Peter
Did a search on Ebay for Scotchlite Black and found a vendor called Reflective-Gallery.

Neato stuff!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Did a search on Ebay for Scotchlite Black and found a vendor called Reflective-Gallery.

Neato stuff!
You must have taken the last batch....I did a search and all they have left are white strips....:sad:

·
Registered
343 Posts
I bought some on Ebay too... I really like it... I searched for black reflective... but as for the Iron cross... I put a hula lady there (I am in hawaii and thought it was funny).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Alternative to the Iron Cross on JC Whitney trunk

A year later and here is my answer to the iron cross. Walmart had stickable convex mirrors. The kind that you put on you car or truck side mirrors. Exact diameter. and the reflect headlights of course because they are mirrors. In the automotive accessory dept of Walmart

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
A year later and here is my answer to the iron cross. Walmart had stickable convex mirrors. The kind that you put on you car or truck side mirrors. Exact diameter. and the reflect headlights of course because they are mirrors. In the automotive accessory dept of Walmart
Cool I like that idea! I will have to visit my local WalMart. My Iron cross has about had it.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
I just replaced my iron Cross with BMW emblems attached with Gorilla glue.
When people ask me about why I have BMW emblems on a Suzuki I tell them I switched from BMW and what a superior product Suzuki is compared to BMW... :^)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts