StromTrooper banner

I've got to change these mirrors!!!

4515 Views 17 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  GTS1998
Ok, I ran out to Colorado the weekend and am tired of fighting the stock mirrors. There is no Aparilla dealer new me. Can anyone direct me to where I can get an aftermarket set of mirrors, which stand taller and are more areo dynamic?
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
Are you going for a sexier look? Or trying to not to see your shoulders in the mirrors and reduce buffeting?

If the latter, try a set of cheap mirror extenders. Worked wonders for me. No more shoulders blocking my rearward visibility and no buffeting (combined with Madstad bracket). Fleabay has them for cheap (under $25)... 10mm Motorcycle Mirror Riser Extender Adapter Suzuki | eBay
Or you can get Richland Rick's set for not much more.

Aprillia mirrors can be ordered online: 16113, 16114 - Aprilia Tuono Mirrors (not the cheapest source)
AF1 Racing : Aprilia Parts and Accessories: OEM Aprilia Tuono Base Model Mirror (neither is this one). I remember that these could be had for around $55.00

· Registered
31 Posts
I'm using bar end mirrors. I found a set that matches the hand protector spacer (28mm) outside diameter. Cuts down the turbulenance from the mirrors and makes the bike sleeker if that is possible. EBay is where I found them.

Attachments

· Registered
7,576 Posts
KTM Superduke mirrors are also said to work well. As always, check eBay. I got my Aprilia Tuono mirrors on eBay from Rocket Centre in the U.K.

· Registered
753 Posts
Many good comments on the KTM mirrors. I have them and like them very much.

· Registered
707 Posts
I went with the eBay mirror extenders and I think they're just perfect. Particularly when you think of what I paid for them. They move them up and over enough that I can adjust them to see behind me and not have elbows and shoulders taking up ANY space in the mirror.

· Registered
522 Posts
Get some gen1 ('96-'99 600 '97-'00 1200) or naked gen2 ('01-'03) Bandit mirrors. These work great and can be bought very inexpensively off of ebay etc. They are much taller and wider than the stock strom units.

· Registered
35 Posts
Ok, I ran out to Colorado the weekend and am tired of fighting the stock mirrors. There is no Aparilla dealer new me. Can anyone direct me to where I can get an aftermarket set of mirrors, which stand taller and are more areo dynamic?
Irish John: I just tried a mirror off of a Triumph Speed Triple (2005)last night. It looked great and is more like what I am used to being off my ZX9. The problem seems to be finding them at a decent price. The Apilias may be what I go with. They look good too.

· Premium Member
390 Posts
made mine

I made mine using some 3/8" x 1" stock. cut it to length I wanted, filed ends 180 degree round & smooth (no sharp edges), drilled and tapped threads for mirrors, flat black spray paint, done deal. About an hour and $5 for the metal.
You can also make them to extend inward and drill for a mount.

· Registered
81 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.