StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got sick of my dealer's run-around on the low RPM stumbling issue on my '04. After a verbal agreement that any mod would be replaced with stock if a warranty problem arose, I got the TRE. I would say that it has reduced the stumble 90%, making around town riding and such much smoother. It also makes shifting a bit smoother because of this. I still experience some abruptness snatching on the throttle in some situations, but it's probably my fault as most transitions on and off throttle are improved.
I HATED having to spend good money to cure an inherent and widely contested problem. But until Suzuki tells its dealers to admit to the problem and FIX it, this has elevated my enjoyment of the bike.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Glad to hear it helped your bike. Too bad though that I didn't know you wanted one as I have one I could have sold you. You might want to try some Iridium sparkplugs, they helped smooth out my motor some.

Dave

B

·
0 Posts
You might want to try some Iridium sparkplugs, they helped smooth out my motor some.
Might I ask what brand of plug and model number?? :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
BBurton said:
You might want to try some Iridium sparkplugs, they helped smooth out my motor some.
Might I ask what brand of plug and model number?? :D
NGK CR8EIX
I got them at Cycle Gear for $8.99 each.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1951, I wish I posted that I was looking for one. DoooooH! :shock: Did it not help out your bike? Like I said, it was a big improvement for mine, although I know that a 100% cure won't happen 'til I enrich the low and midrange. But I llike the improved ridability w/o sacrificing my mpg or smelling like I've been doused with unleaded. OK, maybe I'm a little extreme.
I'm gonna try the plugs you suggested to see if they'll smooth things out further. Same heat range as stock, right?

·
Registered
213 Posts
DL-ayed

As far as I know they are the same heat range. I put a set of Staintune pipes on, installed a K&N air filter and had it adjusted with a Tekka box. It really helped the low and mid-range. When I changed the plug the stock plugs looked really good, so I don't think the bike is running too rich. I'm going to be heading down to Laguna Seca this weekend for the Moto GP races. It will be a 750 mile 2 day ride down so I'll see what the fuel mileage is after the adjustments.

I've tried the TRE several times and I can not really tell much difference. I had the dreaded clutch basket problem from day one when I rode the bike off the lot. That was April 27, 2002, after I got the basket replaced the bike has run pretty darn good ever since. I do want to get the bike dynoed sometime this summer to make sure it is adjusted to best it can be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts