StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is any Stromtrooper planning to go to IV International V-Strom Meeting 10.-12.6.'05 in Allrode, Germany? Maybe our German members (are there any?) can even have info of previous meetings?

If my spare time and financial situation meet in favourable position, a trip to Germany could be a possibility...

http://www.v-strom.biz/touren/treff2005-ev.html

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
heikkil said:
Is any Stromtrooper planning to go to IV International V-Strom Meeting 10.-12.6.'05 in Allrode, Germany? Maybe our German members (are there any?) can even have info of previous meetings?

If my spare time and financial situation meet in favourable position, a trip to Germany could be a possibility...

http://www.v-strom.biz/touren/treff2005-ev.html
Hi heikkil
it's great, if you visit our V-Strom Meeting in Allrode.
My friend JE from sweden has bookedt this meeting. He cames from Lycksele in North-Sweden. Maybe you could drive together to Germany ?!?
You can contact him via PN of our German V-Strom Forum:
http://www.sub3-forennet.de/cgi-sub3/v-strom/YaBB.pl

Hope we see us in Allrode
Jörg

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anonymous said:
Hi heikkil
it's great, if you visit our V-Strom Meeting in Allrode.
My friend JE from sweden has bookedt this meeting. He cames from Lycksele in North-Sweden. Maybe you could drive together to Germany ?!?
You can contact him via PN of our German V-Strom Forum:
http://www.sub3-forennet.de/cgi-sub3/v-strom/YaBB.pl

Hope we see us in Allrode
Jörg
Strom meeting in Allrode is a very good candidate for trip but if I come I guess I'll take Via Baltica (cross Baltic countries & Poland) or ferry straight to Rostock. Don't hate Sweden but riding through it is a bit boring... :) :wink:

Chances are, though, that by that time I'll be on my way in Tunisia with Strom but that we'll see closer to the summer!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
heikkil said:
Strom meeting in Allrode is a very good candidate for trip but if I come I guess I'll take Via Baltica (cross Baltic countries & Poland) or ferry straight to Rostock. Don't hate Sweden but riding through it is a bit boring... :) :wink:
It's something I'm mulling over from the UK as well. I can catch the new Edinburgh-Zeebrugge ferry, then I hear it's a good run through to Germany. Will need to leave it closer to the time, though. But might then struggle with hotel accommodation.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
on the dutch forum we are also planning to go over there

·
Registered
1 Posts
heikkil said:
Don't hate Sweden but riding through it is a bit boring... :) :wink:

Chances are, though, that by that time I'll be on my way in Tunisia with Strom but that we'll see closer to the summer!
I found Jyvaskyla, on my map now. Its a big detour from Jyvaskyla,over Lykselle to Germany :oops:
And you have right, a trip from Stockholm to Germany is more than a bit boring :wink:

Jörg

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
joerg_b said:
I found Jyvaskyla, on my map now. Its a big detour from Jyvaskyla,over Lykselle to Germany :oops:
And you have right, a trip from Stockholm to Germany is more than a bit boring :wink:
But let's add that boring in the most positive way; roads in great condition and exemplary traffic culture - the most difficult task is to stay awake...
:wink:

O.t.o.h. given time, specially areas around lakes Vänern and Vättern are very beautiful but to fully enjoy them you'd have to take smaller roads.

Anyhow chances are that I'll be able to combine Allrode meeting with Tunisian trip - confirmation within a month or so. Guess a meeting with fellow Strom riders would be good variation for autobahn riding (Rostock or Stockholm - Marseille).

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anonymous said:
Sweden boring ??????????

Shame on you ! :D :D :D
Ahh... Well... No... Let's say that E4 road Stockholm - Helsingborg is the boring one. :wink: :D

·
Registered
312 Posts
hey strommers:
serious idea here: if you guys are going to make that V-Strom meeting, we should get an orderly set of notes together from this forum, and "send" you as our official representatives, to talk about what we love, and what we Do Not luv about these special bikes.

The number one thing I would love to convey direct to the Product Managers [I am a professional product manager myself] is to produce or farm-out an Optional Tour Fairing that would replace the whole upper and lower front tupperware with something akin to the Beemer RT and Honda ST. I said OPTIONAL. They could sell such a thing for many hundreds [US $$] and many of us would gladly pay it for the long-haul trips.

Lovely bike: Lovely idea. Can take market share from the edges of several other segments: cruiser, other Offroad, Sport bikes, Sport Tourers.

Zapp

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
zapp said:
hey strommers:
serious idea here: if you guys are going to make that V-Strom meeting, we should get an orderly set of notes together from this forum, and "send" you as our official representatives, to talk about what we love, and what we Do Not luv about these special bikes.
Errrr... No offence but Allrode meeting is a normal biker meeting with Strom riders getting together having a good time and enjoying a relaxing weekend. The likes/dislikes with Stroms are more or less the same in Europe as they are in Americas and someone being an "Official Stromtrooper Ambassador" sounds more than a bit weird - at least in my ears.

zapp said:
The number one thing I would love to convey direct to the Product Managers [I am a professional product manager myself] is to produce or farm-out an Optional Tour Fairing that would replace the whole upper and lower front tupperware with something akin to the Beemer RT and Honda ST. I said OPTIONAL. They could sell such a thing for many hundreds [US $$] and many of us would gladly pay it for the long-haul trips.
Actually how many Strom users would like that idea? According to earlier posts in this forum riders who wanted a bigger touring fairing were/are a minority. If you really need a full-faired touring bike, then there are better options than Strom with added plastics.

Also this Allrode meeting is not any "Euro Strom riders meet Suzuki" occasion so Suzuki Product Managers will be just as far away from Allrode as they are from Texas.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey Zapp

the meeting in Allrode ist a privat meeting, organized by privat stromers, in theit spare time. It is not sponsord ... by Suzuki but we hope, that Suzuki take notice of this meeting because their are (till today) over 100 Stroms registerd. :)
If you have problems or ideas to the Suzuki Managers... they don't have registerd in the hotel :wink:

·
Registered
312 Posts
heikki

first of all, the meaning of "optional" is that those who see the value buy it. 'options' are not for everyone.

Secondly, I profoundly disagree that there are better choices in bikes for the longhaul purpose. I cannot find one that has the reliability, the ergos, the economy, and the 'all road' capability of the Strom. I CAN find a couple [which I specified] that have superior elemental protection, but that is their only advantage.

for a very small additional investment in the base product, this line could tap another vein of sales, and possibly save itself in the process. I hear ill rumours that sales are small enough that the V-strom is in jeopardy.

Z

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
zapp said:
-clips-

Secondly, I profoundly disagree that there are better choices in bikes for the longhaul purpose. I cannot find one that has the reliability, the ergos, the economy, and the 'all road' capability of the Strom. I CAN find a couple [which I specified] that have superior elemental protection, but that is their only advantage.

for a very small additional investment in the base product, this line could tap another vein of sales, and possibly save itself in the process. I hear ill rumours that sales are small enough that the V-strom is in jeopardy.
Anyone remember Honda's Silverwing? Adding a full-fairing in a great middle-sized bike (CX500) is not that easy. In Honda's example bike with just enough punch to make it a perfect mid-size tourer and all-arounder was transformed into an underpowered and oversized creature.

I'm afraid adding big fairings in Strom could affect in handling specially in windy environments; unstability with crosswinds isn't unheard even with present fairing. Bike is just too tall and light for bigger plastics.

What Suzuki _could_ do is to design a full-faired tourer using SV/DL powerplant. Honda is using its trusted 650cc powerplant in their Deauville (a mid-size tourer with full fairing and hard side bags as stock items) - the same base engine can be found at least in 600/650 TransAlp, 750 AfricaTwin and 600 Shadow, Kawasaki uses their 500cc twin in "basic bike" ER-5, sports bike GPz500S, custom EN500 and allroader KLE500, Yamaha used re-bored SuperTenere 750 engine in TDM and TRX models and so on. Trying to convert a V-Strom into a full-faired tourer just isn't that great idea and would be hard to imagine that kind of options being able to boost sales.

And is Strom really a non-seller? Just last summer & autumn forums were filled with messages where potentional 650 Strom buyers couldn't get bikes because they were all sold out. Declining in sales figures might be true with DL1000, but mostly because DL650 came into same markets.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Actually, less than a month to go... (at least for me :wink: ) I have to end preparing things... A little more nervous than the normal, but still got time enough. See u there !

·
Registered
109 Posts
Have a look:
120 Anmeldungen und über 200 Personen sind erreicht!

- 124 Anmeldungen
- 212 Personen
- 142 Motorräder
davon 103 DL 1000
davon 28 DL 650
davon 2 KLV 1000
davon 9 Andere
- 95 Doppelzimmer
- 17 Einzelzimmer
- 2 Tagesgäste

Bisher liegen Anmeldungen aus folgenden Ländern vor (alph. sortiert):
- Deutschland