StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time for Floridian Stromtroopers to ride somewhere for some reason.
Actually, riding is a reason in and of itself, but you knew that already.

For example, today I met a young fella (almost as young as I am) on a Burgman 650.
He is enthusiastic about his mount, and I think there are many reasons to choose a Burgman to ride.

Here in Florida, leaves do not change color, but license plates surely do.
I think we should welcome our visitors, and encourage them to spend lots of time and money here.

I hope someone organizes a ride, perhaps a RTE (Ride to Eat) to someplace not far from Sarasota.

If nobody does it before long, I will give it a shot myself.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm in, especially if there's some free time for me. As a teacher I have Christmas Break coming up starting on the 22nd through the New Year. But just about any weekend is good for me as well.

At least maybe a meet-up at a central location?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Snowbird season sucks!!
Careful complaining about snowbirds. They bring a lot of money to the Florida economy. Some of that money must benefit you and or your family.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Careful complaining about snowbirds. They bring a lot of money to the Florida economy. Some of that money must benefit you and or your family.
Actually, no, I don't see how it benefits me or mine. Taxes still go up to fund infrastructure. Roads are more crowded. Restaurants are more crowded. Medical appointments are harder to get and wait times are longer. I still have to be on uber high alert to keep from being splattered by the blue hairs. If you can figure how it helps, please share. If Fla was so great, I wouldn't be initiating my exit plan. Maybe the benefit will be higher housing prices so I sell at a larger profit.

At least I can take some small degree of pleasure in the summer when I drive my RV like a slow poke in their states.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
HEY RICK, i'd be interested in doing a ride/get together. my schedule is kinda funky, nut i might be able to make it work.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Actually, no, I don't see how it benefits me or mine. Taxes still go up to fund infrastructure. Roads are more crowded. Restaurants are more crowded. Medical appointments are harder to get and wait times are longer. I still have to be on uber high alert to keep from being splattered by the blue hairs. If you can figure how it helps, please share. If Fla was so great, I wouldn't be initiating my exit plan. Maybe the benefit will be higher housing prices so I sell at a larger profit.

At least I can take some small degree of pleasure in the summer when I drive my RV like a slow poke in their states.
I don't think I can attempt to explain the complexities of the economic factors involved in people bringing money fro up north down to FLA and spending it there.
I would not sing the praise of FLA however and would migrate out as well if I lived there, I also would not heap such a huge amount of negativity upon the place either. It's not CT and that is great. :wink2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts