StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my bike and had my first short ride today. So by definition, spring is here.. :-D

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
Good for you, you hardy Viking!

I see by a map that a 3- or 4-hour circuit of the lake would be a terrific ride, warmed up by a hot meal in Ringsaker, but still a challenge this early in spring. That looks like an ideal ride, and I wish I could go there with you.

Until the Atlantic freezes over, I don't think I can make it. Good luck!
Keith

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes.. the trip around Mjøsa is a nice ride, especially the west side of the lake. Each 1. may it is a tradition that bikers meet and make the circuit. I think normally more than 3000 bikes take part..

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
All right. Now I'm really depressed. People are riding in Norway and I still can't get my bike out of the basement due to the ten feet of snow that fell this winter...lol. Though we're getting two 50 degree days this week. I love Norway. Did a backpacking trip there back in 98. Did the Oslo, Kristiansand, Stavanger, Bergen, Flam, Lillehammer, Oslo loop. Probably one of the best weeks of my life. I'd love to do it again by Wee next time. Not a country most think of when vacation time comes around but I highly recommend a visit. Very beautiful country. People are extremely friendly and nearly all speak English.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Spring has also arrived in Western Canada. Did a real nice and relaxing 250km ride the other day. Still snow in the mountains where the KLR roams, but at lower elevations, the roads are DL clean.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Warm and sunny here too

Hi!

Perfect riding weather here too. Had 15 degrees (Celsius) and sun today - got me a 100 km trip around Vestfold.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Yep, spring here, too. There is already some early spring greenery sprouting from the garden bed. And today I drained the gas from the snowblower and put away the shovels. But no riding yet. Rain tonight and tomorrow, then the streets will hopefully be clean of most of the salt and I'll take the bike out.

·
Registered
79 Posts
All right. Now I'm really depressed. People are riding in Norway and I still can't get my bike out of the basement due to the ten feet of snow that fell this winter...lol.
Disassemble bike. Dump parts on driveway. Reassemble.

BTW, I've been riding north of Bangor for a few weeks now. :cornut: Still a couple feet of snow on the ground, but the roads are clear. Even yesterday's new two inches was gone from the back roads this morning.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Yah it snowed again last night ... my anger and rage level rises even more :mad5:
Where are you in Eyedahwho? I spent 5 years in Moscow. Mild winters there. Weird thing was that on average, March seemed more mild that April there... And in Lewiston, 35 miles away but 2000 feet lower, seemed winter would come a few times per season and stick around for a few hours. Month of May, well, you couldn't sit still for 5 minutes without the weather changing from winter to summer and back to winter.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
We had our first 60 degree day of the spring today. There were bikes all over the place. I saw a guy on a Harley looking at the bikes in a dealer parking lot instead of the road. The line of cars in the left lane stopped for a left turner. He stomped on the brakes and smoked the rear tire, got off the brakes in reaction and tried to miss the car on the left by leaning instead of counter steering. Bang! Practice braking and swerving folks, and watching where you are going too. If he did any of those three things, he wouldn't have had a problem.

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
I locked the rear about two weeks ago and have decided to be less stupid in the future. Damn near killed myself speeding towards a corner I didn't know was [email protected] night. I learned not to sightsee anything that my line of travel is not directly affected by, too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi!

Perfect riding weather here too. Had 15 degrees (Celsius) and sun today - got me a 100 km trip around Vestfold.
It was good weather for riding yesterday and I got a nice ride around Hurdalssjøen, and I met a lot of bikes on the road too.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I finally got the Wee out again. Took it around some of the back roads here and purposely hit a lot of dirt/gravel. I must say, the Wee handles a lot better than I thought it would. I may be addicted :mod2_scooter:

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
It's gotta suck paying for insurance all year when you can't ride all year:banghead: Man, things are changin' here in California and most of it I don't like, but the weather still ROCKS!:cheers2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts