StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sadly sold my Wee this morning... Although she sits in the garage waiting to leave, she is pissed and not talking to me... I broke her heart, I guess. I have been riding the Versys for about 2 months (whenever the weather would let me, anyway) now and it has that jewel of an engine... This was by no means a snap decision... Now I can actually pass a few cars at a time... Didn't realize how slow the wee was until I rode the Versys. I guess I was lulled into complacency by the Strom's muted power output. Although, I am no longer a power junky, the Versys is just a fun bike to ride... Glass smooth at cruising spends and awesome midrange for instant passing power. You don't have to rev the crap out of it either.

I'll miss everyone here especially Greywolf and for him pointing out the error of my ways a lot... Suprisingly, he never pissed me off... instead used it as an opportunity to learn a few things... Thanks GW...

I will probably stop in once in a while, though...:thumbup:

Bye all

Richard

·
Registered
103 Posts
I love the versys. It was between the versys and the wee when I was buying. I like the sportiness of the versys, but needed the utility of the wee for my daily 120 mile commute.

Good luck out there,

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
Richard, you will be back.

Once you lay that Versys down, and see all of those teeny-tiny subframe tubes crumple up like little dry match sticks, you will purchase another Wee, with the check the insurance company gives you for totaling out your new bike.

Just make sure you wear all of your riding gear though, ok?

B.L.

(Can I have that Moffset regulator off of your old bike?)

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Richard, you will be back.

Once you lay that Versys down, and see all of those teeny-tiny subframe tubes crumple up like little dry match sticks, you will purchase another Wee, with the check the insurance company gives you for totaling out your new bike.

Just make sure you wear all of your riding gear though, ok?

B.L.

(Can I have that Moffset regulator off of your old bike?)
Sorry Barry... the new mosfet goes with the bike... it would be too hard (seeing that I cut the old one off) to go back to the stock r/r...

You're right, I may be back... I loved working on the ol' girl... one of the best bikes to farkle... Don't tell anyone, but I have my eye on a '09 Yamaha FZ6... love that bike...

Richard

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
hmmm... I passed 5 (or was it six) cars day before yesterday ... what was I thinkin?

The Versys is a good bike. It was on my short list, but the Wee still covers my "must do" list better than anything else (well, the Triumph 800 is very nice, but money is on the list too).

Enjoy the new bike!

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
Interesting...
My wife will be looking for a bike soonish (I hope), and she likes the look of the ER6-N. I'm going to have to take that one for a test-ride...
Ah. I see Kawi has discontinued it (who runs a model for only 2 years?), but they have a new ninja 400; that might just be the ticket for her. She'll hate the looks, but if Kawi decides to run it for more than one year, maybe there'll be a nekkid version...

·
Registered
234 Posts
I like my Wee for what it is and will probably hold onto it for a long time (it's a great commuter/light-tourer), but my garage has room for more than one bike. For dual sport riding I have an XR650L, and for sport riding I just sold my ZX1100 to make room for a Ducati Superbike.

·
Registered
705 Posts
All the best Richard. I enjoyed your posts.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Breakups can be tough. I hope you both find love again. I've had some exciting partners in my past that didn't part so amicably. Now I appreciate solid companionship and reliability. The fewer surprises the better.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Breakups can be tough. I hope you both find love again. I've had some exciting partners in my past that didn't part so amicably. Now I appreciate solid companionship and reliability. The fewer surprises the better.
I figured I would dump her before she dumps me...:mrgreen: I will probably be back... Who knows what the future holds for the V-Strom model... It may get discontinued or maybe get a long overdue upgrade...

Couples can re-unite sometimes...

Thanks all

Richard

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Versys

Strange, I rode two different Versys' and thought they vibrated much more than the Wee does. Power to me is about the same. Wind protection on both stock is the pits.

I do understand the new one has a different engine mount, must make a difference, the ones I rode were prior years.

Bill H.

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
Interesting, I'm considering a switch from the Vee, and having had a wee in the garage once before, I don't think I want to go with another. The Versys snappier and faster than the weestrom? How's the riding position compare, leg room for 6' plus riders, etc.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Interesting, I'm considering a switch from the Vee, and having had a wee in the garage once before, I don't think I want to go with another. The Versys snappier and faster than the weestrom? How's the riding position compare, leg room for 6' plus riders, etc.
I would say the riding position is about the same, with less weather protection of course (having a smaller front end in all)... Yes, the Versys is faster than the strom, maybe because it is lighter, not sure but it is definitely much quicker... I have had the Versys rocket up to 180kph (with lots left), never had the strom past 160kph... The Versys gets to speed much quicker... the strom just takes too long to get up to high speeds... You need more road to go fast on the Wee.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Wee vs. Versys

Ok, I like the Wee more when it's ridden like an adult. 180 kph gonna get you hurt eventually, if not worse.

If you want a fast bike, a 650 twin ain't it, no matter who makes it.

Bill H.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Richard,

Just because you "strayed' and went with the Versys doesn't mean that you can't continue to post here. I've enjoyed your contributions to this site...Don't just go away.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, I like the Wee more when it's ridden like an adult. 180 kph gonna get you hurt eventually, if not worse.

If you want a fast bike, a 650 twin ain't it, no matter who makes it.

Bill H.
I knew someone who take what I said out of context... Thinking I was an irresponsible rider because of the 180kph comment... Not that I have to defend my actions or anything... I don't ride like that... I am/was in the process of breaking the bike in... I do that with all bikes I break-in, then ride them at a nice sane speed... It will probably never see anything north 130kph again (in my possession, anyway)...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts