StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

After reading all the blogs, articles, and watching countless hours of videos on the new 1000 I guess one might come to this conclusion. For the price...very good bike. Not hot like the new KTM, not expensive like the BMW GS Adventure, but...just right!
I think after someone puts on 67,254 miles on this bike, they will sit back and have a pleasant smile on their face. Dependable, plenty of power, and all those trips up and down the Blue Ridge Parkway will make this the "best" bike they have ever owned....except for their first ride...a 125cc Vespa!!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Or you might wait and actually ride it to see if thats what you really think. Most of that could be said about the 650 too but i could cash mine in like a pop bottle without a second thought. Its an okay tool for some things until a better tool comes along.
Some bikes involve you more than others, after all these years i've sort of given up predicting which will and which won't.

·
Administrator
17,537 Posts
Yup....whatever stirs your motorcycle soul and makes you want to get out and ride.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
The article sounds like every major problem with prior DL000's has been addressed, but only time will tell.

I'll be looking for the comparo's between the new DL1000 and the Tiger 800. These 2 bikes draw my current interest more than any others.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yup....whatever stirs your motorcycle soul and makes you want to get out and ride.
I thought my Harley sofftail custom would stir my soul, but once I bought my dl1000 it has stirred my soul and not the harley, it just sits in the garage while I put 9000 miles on the v-strom last year.Both are getting traded in on the new 1000 in a few months, unless I don't like it in person, that is....I don't like the feet out in front position the harley puts you in, never felt in control of the bike...

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I thought my Harley sofftail custom would stir my soul, but once I bought my dl1000 it has stirred my soul and not the harley, it just sits in the garage while I put 9000 miles on the v-strom last year.Both are getting traded in on the new 1000 in a few months, unless I don't like it in person, that is....I don't like the feet out in front position the harley puts you in, never felt in control of the bike...
You got the wrong bike in the HD. It happens.
I have a friend who was looking at HDs recently because he likes the looks and several of us have them and like our bikes. He found he just didn't like the feel and fit of the bikes and he doesn't want to go to the trouble to try different seats and pegs to tailor it.
He found a clean VTX1800 with a lot of goodies and seems happy as a clam. i test rode a VTX and really didn't see much to get excited about. Good power and brakes, rode like a jackhammer in the rear, engine sounded like a flatuelent cow. Was very glad to get back on my Dyna.
Thats why there are choices and its good that there are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts