StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled the cover of my wee today, she is going to rest for a couple of months. Felt bad covering her up, it was a really good first summer on my wee and can't wait till she is on the road next spring. going to be adding to her over the winter, some extras like a 12v outlet and engine gaurds and skid plate and something for a new seat.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I hear ya. Had to put mine away after just a couple of weeks of ownership. Its like meeting the girl of your dreams, just at the end of summer vacation, and then watching her get on a bus back to Idaho...

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I do not see how you can bare to do it. I ride year round recreationally on 2 wheels unless its slippery outside. But we get lots of riding days in the winter where it is in the 20's and 30's F. So, out comes the electric vest and mittens.

When it gets slippery, I get my 4wd ATV out and ride it instead. Where we live, when the snow flies, the cops could care less about ATVs on the road. I go get groceries on it sometimes.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I've just added heated clothing, Denali 2 lights and whatever else I could to see if I can extend the riding season. I enjoy this bike too much to say goodnight till spring. I'm hoping to get as much riding in this winter as can safely be done.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I feel yer pain! I parked mine Saturday after an 80 mile "I'm just goin round the block" ride.

Now she sits in her winter (50 degree) storage office...waiting for her new chain and sprockets to be installed and a total detailing, checking all of the electrical connections with fresh dielectric grease, and torquing of her fasteners.:thumbup:

I usually check up on her a couple times a week just to be sure, ya know, just to glet her know spring will be here before we know it and the great times will begin again.:hurray:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Put it away for the winter? Oh, you poor souls! For the winter I just went out and serviced the chain, installed my heated hand grips and put on the plug for my heated clothing. ( I love that stuff). My Wee doesn't get the winter off here in Kentucky. As long as there is no snow or salt on the road and its 40 degrees (F) or more I am up for a ride.

Did you Canucks ever consider moving south? Same goes for those of you in Michigan and New York.

·
Registered
899 Posts
In Vancouver, we don't get much snow, but lots of black ice. Rain and cold is no problem, but on the nights when its clear, the roads ice up and stay that way in the shadows, especially in my neighbourhood which is on a slope facing north. Sometimes the nightly frost builds up so much on the roads and lawns that it looks like snow. :(

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its calling for snow this weekend and -5 C. but she is still ready just incase we get some kind of warm days and dry roads, but I cant see that happening until march sometime!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I can't decide when it is time to put it up. I quess I wait until the first heavy salt on the road before I make my decision. Ron

·
Registered
571 Posts
Mine gets tucked away real soon too. It's 30F and dropping with howling winds and it's supposed to snow three days in a row next week.

Time to tuck away the Wee and dirt bikes, and then bring out the lard bucket 10 mpg snowmobile. :bom_bigcry:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Started mixing the fuel additive in mine recently. It'll get tucked away soon.
Gotta find where I put the snow tires for the car.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I pulled the cover of my wee today, she is going to rest for a couple of months. Felt bad covering her up, it was a really good first summer on my wee and can't wait till she is on the road next spring. going to be adding to her over the winter, some extras like a 12v outlet and engine gaurds and skid plate and something for a new seat.
Put mine away a week ago, and it's been really nice out most of the time since. But it's November, winter will start anytime now.

It's in someone else's garage, and I won't even be able to get to it for maintenance and farkling over the winter. Oh well, gone for now.

At least I still have the single malt.

Supernewf, we'll ride again in the spring.

Marc

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
It must really suck. I thought I was going to have to put mine up for the Summer last year.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I was going to put mine away last Sunday.

Ended up going for a ride instead. :mrgreen:

Just can't quite face the inevitable yet...

·
Registered
900 Posts
Well, I'm glad to see that I'm in good company and not the only one whining about having to put Blanche up for the winter. I've been resisting, though, and keeping her at the ready for weekend rides because of the continually cooperative weather. I'm storing her away in a friend's garage along with her
'62 Plymouth Valiant and 2010 Kubota something-or-other. I haven't asked but I'm certain I'll have visiting rights. I hope.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm hesitant to pack it in for the winter, each weekend here has been 60 degrees or better, getting close to that again this weekend. If the salt falls though, its done... :thumbdown:

·
Registered
722 Posts
They've already salted and sanded 'round here once, for the great 'snotober' storm. I have been riding on it anyway though. Eff it.. why I bought a wee and not something valuable.

·
Registered
524 Posts
We have already had our first snowfall (3") and a few of the counties salted the roads quite heavily. :furious: Bullets started flying today :yikes: so it's time to stay indoors.:thumbdown:

·
Registered
714 Posts
It must really suck. I thought I was going to have to put mine up for the Summer last year.
For sure. Here in Texas, we put ours away for the summer. In San Antonio we had over 35 days in a row this year over 100 degrees. Winter is when I do most of my riding. But those 50 degree mornings can get a little chilly. :hurray:

Seriously, I couldn't imagine not riding for weeks (or months) at a time like you guys up north. Hang in there.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts