StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone North of Barrie Ontario on two wheels yet? Just took "Olive Oyl" out for her first 2018 run....like a top! Minus 1 C and clear skies. Yeah Baby!:grin2:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just finished installing an Eastern Beaver headlight relay and I think I will go for a short ride tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
220 km on Tuesday (15-17C) and 110 yesterday (19C around 3pm when I arrived to work. 3C when I left at 11pm). there was another V Strom (the only bike parked there) in Belfountain when I was passing by. Now seems like no riding for next 2 weeks according to the weather forecast.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Are there snow-tire laws for motorcycles in QC for real, or are you just kidding around? That would be quite ridiculous...
It's a blanket law, Dec 15 to March 15 all vehicles are required to have real winter tires with the snowflake logo on the side. M&S or all season tires do not count, they must have the winter rating. This year a few companies put out motorcycle tires that are rated, but I didn't take the plunge yet. They cost about the same as a good set of road tires, but I couldn't justify it for this year. Montreal winters are just too brutal to really consider riding as a method of transportation, there is so much ice and snow that even with proper tires it would only be realistically safe to ride a small percentage of the time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Another example of "too much government" in Quebec. Yes the archaic (among other archaic laws) winter tire laws are enforced here, vigorously. I would much prefer if they followed the other provinces and gave you a break on insurance and registration for installing them on your cars. Anyways hey vanislejay, St Pats day looks good for a first ride! My Strom is almost ready to roll this season. New tires, sprockets, chain, brakes, coolant, brake fluid, and - heated grips!
Cheers! Ride safe...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts