StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really can't believe it. I bought my DL1000 almost 8 years ago on a cold March day. I remember riding it home and not wanting home to get there so soon. I remember sliding back the door to my garage and parking it next to my 1993 Dr350.

8 years have come and gone in a blink.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Hi Dan,

Yes, time does go fast.
The older I get it is like my foot is stuck on the gas pedal.

Happy New Year and Have a Safe Riding Season

Bruce

·
Registered
471 Posts
Time sure does fly.......summers are short and winters are long. I refuse to make doctors appointments in the summer so that puts them all this time of year (I hate it)...I managed to find time today to go to the area Sizuki dealer, he's still waiting for the 2012 Wee Stroms. He has a couple left over 2011's but I think I want a 12......There is plenty of time, I'm just trying to use some of it up.....................TD

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yes the years and miles roll by. On 8/1/2006 I rode a new dl650k6 of with 3 miles on the odometer. Now she's about to roll over 75,000mi.

I don't feel like I got a lot of riding in 2011, but I had two good ones. A NC spring trip through WV, VA, TN. And a late fall trip upto Cape Breton Island, with two nights at Meat Cove. Both trips with my wife on her own Strom (nearly 20000mi on hers now).

Life is good. But I do miss those early days riding 2up in VT with the Stromtrooper gang. We need to see how many of us we can get together this year.

Sent from my Triumph using Motorcycle App

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
Second the motions!

Yes the years and miles roll by. On 8/1/2006 I rode a new dl650k6 of with 3 miles on the odometer. Now she's about to roll over 75,000mi.

I don't feel like I got a lot of riding in 2011, but I had two good ones. A NC spring trip through WV, VA, TN. And a late fall trip upto Cape Breton Island, with two nights at Meat Cove. Both trips with my wife on her own Strom (nearly 20000mi on hers now).

Life is good. But I do miss those early days riding 2up in VT with the Stromtrooper gang. We need to see how many of us we can get together this year.

My 2006 DL-650 is a tad older, and has almost the mileage of yours.
It hasn't been to New England or the Maritimes since 2007,
and I believe it is time to revisit those magical lands.

I had a meal and a brief ride with two Vermont Stromtroopers in 2007,
and I am grateful for their cordial hospitality, and for showing me how to
adjust my headlights, which were mainly detecting squirrels,
because I was carrying so much cargo on the rack and pillion.

I have acquired a tiny tribute for one of you, and I shall bring it.
My summer schedule is not yet knowable, but I will get there!

I also had two rides in 2011: April to Muskoka Ontario, August to Virginia.

Keith

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Well......... Lets do a ride!

Happy new Year all [ I know its a little late :headbang: ] Glad to see some familiar names again Dan, Rob, Tom, Barry !! And of course the originator of the first Stromtrooper ride I joined Bruce. :hurray:
Took A oround the block trip Last summer with the Vee & I logged a 9,684 miler in 5 weeks :thumbup:
and no I didnt do the 4 corners ride for the saddle sore club.....
Anyway I think It's time to get together again as well.... So When & Where?

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
I believe the orignal NE Stromtrooper ride was to the Adirondacks, June - 2006.

Here is the original rider list:
Rider Name: VtSTROM-K5
Rider Name: BHazz
Rider Name: dmf109
Rider Name: stromeur650
Rider Name: JohnS
Rider Name: jackpiner57
Rider Name: Crowtdog

jackpiner57 was our first ride leader.

I did not leave CT (in 2011) with my bike. I am definitely up for a trip.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Maybe a CROMAG 2012 N.E. Stromtrooper Get together ? :confused:

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I remember meeting at the Roma Resturant for dinner That friday Nite!!
That was a great ride !! :hurray:
I believe the orignal NE Stromtrooper ride was to the Adirondacks, June - 2006.

Here is the original rider list:
Rider Name: VtSTROM-K5
Rider Name: BHazz
Rider Name: dmf109
Rider Name: stromeur650
Rider Name: JohnS
Rider Name: jackpiner57
Rider Name: Crowtdog

jackpiner57 was our first ride leader.

I did not leave CT (in 2011) with my bike. I am definitely up for a trip.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Maybe a CROMAG 2012 N.E. Stromtrooper Get together ?

Well seems as the weather was so great you must all be out riding......:confused:

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Yeah...... no

This place used to be a veritable hot bed of things to go to, and to see who was up for a ride......... or a camping trip or some tech time but Those days seem to be gone..:confused:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Dont take it personally- I just find I dont visit stromtrooper in general as much any more. Gave up my "supporter" status for the first time in about four years, as well.
I find many of my group gatherings and rides over on adv. Will be trying to get to Cromag again this year. And my biggy trip this year will hopefully be to Skibum's Soiree in NWFLD at the end of August. Maybe even do the East Coast gathering in May, however White Horse Press Open House and Twisted Throttle's Open House are both on the same day on May 19th.

Chris in Boston

1 - 15 of 15 Posts